62 | Darling Angel

<Karma>
Five hours had passed since we left the Kuro estate. Apparently from the other nobles, all they were able to update was the fact that they were able to catch and arrest more mercenaries they found.

"Ah, I feel as if this party of ours has too much man-power." Kuro started to complain, "were getting no where. This Shiota, Hiromi knows how to play a good game of hide-and-seek. How is it that we can't find her?" He questioned.

"Well. It tells us how much she doesn't want to be found." Irina commented, "what a women." She shook her head and displeasure.

"I take it that you aren't having fun dear cousin. If you're going to just kill some time, do it somewhere else." She caustically glared at him.

"Yua, you can't take a joke can you?" He sighed.

"We'll take your suggestion into consideration." Karasuma commented, "my king, it's up to you if you think we should split up."

Hm. At this rate, I think we should. If she can escape us, then it will be more difficult for those knights patrolling the kingdom.

"So be it. We'll split up for the sake of it." I agreed, "any special requests?" I clocked my head to acknowledge Irina who was sitting on my horse.

"Whatever works for you my King." She diverted her gaze. And to think that I was actually trying to help her here.

It was apparent to all of us that Irina wanted to stay with him. Despite being engaged, Karasuma isn't romantic at all. Plus, I just remembered that those two can't marry until Nagisa and I wed, tradition sake I suppose.

"Sir Karasuma and Princess Irina. Good? Okay. Uh, Kuro you can take the knights with you, I'll accompany Queen Yua." I proposed.

"W-Wait why am I going alone?!" Kuro walked his horse over to mine as the horse bent down to let Irina off.

"Technically, you have the knights with you." I pointed out.

"That's not what I meant-."

"It's perfect." Yua commented with her monotoned voice.

"I agree with him." Karasuma intervened.

"Thank you!" Kuro laughed with his mushy expression directed towards Karasuma.

"I can't let you go with the Queen without a personal attendant." He reminded me how loyal he was to the Crown and the idea of serving as a knight. His honor as a member of the Tempus Five.

"Heh?" Kuro didn't follow along.

"Are you questioning my skills?" Yua turned towards Karasuma, "we'll be perfectly fine on our own."

I watched as the group grew I dissonance. The more we fondled over this, the more time slipped by.

"Karasuma, please." I looked over at him, "please don't underestimate us. Take Princess Irina with you."

Yua crossed her arms and waited for a reply.
Karasuma loudly sighed and set his horse down for Irina to get on. She hesitantly glanced over at me before she got on.

"We'll keep in touch with the messenger birds." I reminded them, "if any of you do confront her, arrest her immediately. Signal a flare and wait till reinforcements come."

They all nodded their heads.
"Will you be fine?" I asked Kuro.

He shrugged and pouted his face at Yua.

"Of course. I just never thought I was so unpopular." He walked his horse to the knights waiting for a command. "Are you sure you don't want to take any with you? Karasuma is right, if something were to happen-."

Yua launched her bow and arrow at him.
"Alright alright! My word, dear cousin! You're just a witch aren't you?!" He backed off and eventually took the knights along with him.

"Stay safe my King." Karasuma nodded his head. The both of them left as well.

I looked over at Yua who disarmed herself and placed the arrow back in her quiver.

"I actually didn't mind taking any knights along with us." I brought up, while we started to continue the hunt.

"I wanted to talk to you in private. So when the chance had arise, I took it." She explained.

"Are you sure you're okay leaving Kuro like that?"

"That man can't hold a grudge. It will be fine." She assured, "if anything, I wish he would die already."

Her blunt comment caught me off guard.

"You heard me right." She added, "He's lived a long life. I give him a cold shoulder because he doesn't mind watching those around him leave. It irritates me. He doesn't care at all when time flies."

I shook my head.

"I don't necessarily agree." I started, "it feels like he's given up on the idea of dying. That's why he's bubbly when it comes to it. If you could honestly ask him, I bet he would truly want to die. However, I think he's grown used to being left, that he fills the void with new people. A cycle that never ends and one that he enjoys." I explained my perspective.

Yua finally broke that cold expression of hers and slightly grinned.

"You're young, but apparently you think that it's like so? The more I talk to you, I find it amusing how innocent you and Nagisa are. Truly oblivious." She spoke.

"That's how I gage it, yes" I conveyed, "it's all a learning process. Time changes. Not everything will ever be the same. Nagisa and I are different from the previous crowns and that in itself, proves it."
"Do you really love Nagisa? Or do you love the idea of loving him." She questioned.

I gazed over at her and stopped my horse. I knew she wanted a definite answer from me. And I know that even for myself, I couldn't run away anymore. I don't have the time of ability to just say things I don't mean.

I looked out in the area ahead, trees that followed in a line on both sides of our path.

"I know I'm young to conjure any ideas of loving someone. But I can confidently say that I would lay down my life in a heartbeat, if it meant protecting him to the last bone. He's too important for my selfish needs to stand beside him."

I glanced over at Yua who was staring down with tears brewing in her eyes. She wiped them away in annoyances as she bit down on her lips from completely crying.

"Completely oblivious." She managed to say and her body started to sway on the horse, her eyes closing.

"H-hey!" I jumped off while her body was already falling. I caught her just in time and shook her arm.
"Yua! Hey!" I called her.

She slight opened her eyes half way and sighed.
But I think that it was my first time seeing such a gentle and pure smile from her.

"I'm sorry..." She apologized.

"There is no need. I'm glad that this is what has become of us. I would relive it 100 times, if it meant I would stay with Nagisa." I assured, "Thank you Yua."

She reached out and cupped my face, caressing the side of my cheek. Her voice quietly trailed off,

"My sweet children."