128 | S2: Knighthood

<Nagisa>
The sight of the breathtaking cathedral just outside of Perennial Rose was crowded by members of the kingdom from all over. It was almost hard to imagine that all these people would be able to fit inside.

Once we all stepped out of the carriage, we walked upon a red carpet laid on the ground before us that stretched towards the cathedral itself. Everyone suddenly became quiet as we made our way.

"Good morning your Majesties."

"Bless this holy day."

While it was a loud ruckus, civilians did greet us respectfully. Karma hooked his arm around mine just as the current King was with the Queen. Trailing behind us was Karasuma and Princess Irina, then the knights.

Once we made it inside, it was overwhelming no less. I had forgotten the mere sight of this place and it felt as if it was naturally my first time entering. The interior consisted of high ceilings, stained glass windows, white and creamy arches and pillars. At the front alter, there was bouquets of pink camellia flowers and gypsophilas.

At a closer look, the other members of nobility had already arrived. And surely, Duke Kuro was here as well, his bright smile that greeted us.

Only the head of the house and their heir sat upon the first level of the alter. The rest of their families sat accordingly on the left and right sides ahead of them. The members of the Tempus Five sat in front rows of the noble families.

At a quick glance, I made eye contact with Karma's younger sister, Yoriko. With a short wave, she smiled and waved back. I also managed to see Reiji stiff as ever and Uncle nodded his head forward. Karma and I tried to search for Kaede but she was no where in sight as the civilians had started to pour in behind us.

Our seats were at the top level of the alter along with the current Crowns. I sat along side the Queen and Karma, the King. Irina and Karasuma were at the base level, helping facilitate dubbings with the rest of the nobles.

Essentially, there would be seven dubbing ceremonies going on at once to help maintain flow of the men and women to be knighted or specialized. Each noble head would proceed with the dubbing with their own family sword and their heir would honor the individuals with a sword and pair of riding spurs.

And apparently, Kaede said that the most luckiest and blessed ones would be the ones who are dubbed by the King's holy sword. The first individual of the line would start the ceremony, being dubbed by the King and then it starts with Karasuma and Irina.

There was a marble table before us and on it was the the Original King and Queen's holy sword and bow.

Soon enough, the ceremony began and the current King rose from his seats to stand next to the bishop.

"Welcome, citizens of Crescent Kingdom. Thank you for joining us on this honorable day as your sons, daughters, friends, and family, will be recognized for their hard work and loyalty to the Crown." He paused for a bit and stared into the silent crowd of people.

"We've all been through a lot lately, at home and abroad. But rest assured, trust us and rely on us so that we can continue to protect our kingdom and your homes."

Everyone started to clap and we joined in as well. The bishop walked over to the top level to greet the current Queen and Karma and I. He stood facing the crowd, saying prayers while closing his eyes. Then with two hands, he lifted the holy sword from the marble table and walked back down to the current King.

"And now, we will begin the dubbing. May the first approach the alter." The King's voice was loud enough for those outside to hear despite his old age.