11 | Camellias

<Karma>
Naturally it was difficult and quite troublesome to explain every little detail to Karasuma and Irina about what happened to Nagisa. I told them that I saw Nagisa leave and followed after him all the way to Garden of Names that day.

So far, it's been two days and the Royal doctors have come in and out of his room.

Even I've been beside him, trying to be of some sort of help. Nagisa would occasionally wake up now and then, complain about pain, then fall back asleep.
Since then, I've been working with the Karasuma to figure what really went down.

•••
After class, I visited Nagisa again and there was two guards before the door. They allowed me to enter and I crept in to see that he was still sleeping.
He was.

The fire grew in me...I will find the person who did this to him. I'll make him suffer.

At least his bruises are fading. I sat in the chair next to his bed and watched over him. He hasn't eaten properly either, and it's showing on his complexion.
I reached my hand out to touch his cheek, but at the same time; I saw a faint arm of someone else next to me.

I turned my head to see the King. Not the King, it's the Original King. I usually don't see him, not entirely. On most occasions it's obvious that his presence lingers, however; I can see him in spirit.

"What is it?" I asked, looking back at Nagisa.

"He is your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness." He spoke while brushing his brown hair back.

"And is that bad?" I sighed. "At least I have someone I want to protect."

He moved along and stood in front of the large painting upon the wall. He looked back at me and then at Nagisa.

"I fear of a storm drawing near."

I clocked my head to look at him and he carried a despondent expression while looking at the vase of pink camellias.
Then he vanished.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." I said aloud and the noise had happened to wake Nagisa up.

He looked grossly weary and sluggish that I had to help him hold his glass of water, when he wanted it. Nagisa could barely keep his eyes awake and didn't seem like he cared that I was doting on him.

Ah...Karma. You must restrain yourself. Was it awful for me to think that; as of the moment Nagisa looks rather fine?

Who would of thought that our promise, couldn't even last long until we died...too confident, weren't we? Nagisa is just breathtaking...I want to cherish him.

"Karma...?" Nagisa spoke.

"Y-yes?" I leaned forward.

He swallowed back and sighed.

"I'm hungry."

"Heh?" I stuttered back and scratched my head. "Of course you would be...you've been asleep for a long time." I chuckled and got up.

"I'll get you something." As I was about to walk out, Nagisa had clasped onto my arm and I stepped back.

"D-don't go..." Nagisa said as he refused to look into my gaze. I saw that he had also regained color in his complexion from being embarrassed. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and I grew overwhelmed with happiness.

Essentially I called for the servants and they brought along easy digestible food for Nagisa. The bowl was steaming with tenderness as I brought the spoon to his mouth.
Then I reminded myself that I wouldn't make him uncomfortable. He has already gone through enough to be played by me.

"I can't eat it if you're not going to bring it closer." He pouted.

"Heh? Uh...right. I apologize." I awkwardly lifted the spoon into his mouth and he slowly took it in.

"Hot..." He responded.

I felt as if this situation was treading deeper.
I took another scoop and this time, I blew on it to cool it down. Nagisa didn't seem puzzled by it, which in fact made me jolt in excitement.
How preciously cute.

"I see that you're oozing with joy." Nagisa sighed. "I don't want anymore, I'm full." He spoke. "Thanks."

"No, it's nothing." I assured.

Nagisa snuggled back down, but it didn't look like he was going to fall back asleep. So I took his opportunity to ask him about the incident.

"Can you recall what happened?" I questioned.

"No, it's not like I can remember almost dying." Nagisa's harsh sarcasm really pinched me.

"Will you please tell me." I tried again.

Nagisa raised a brow and sighed again.

"What's there to say? My horse was acting strange and then shots were fired. She was spooked and we went on a joy ride until she was shot down herself. I tumbled and that was that." He explained.

"You didn't see anyone?"

"No, but I thought it was a misfire at first. Like a hunter from town...but I knew that wasn't the case."

"Strange..." I leaned back into the chair and pondered upon the whole ordeal.

Whose after Nagisa's head? Was it really an accident? I couldn't shake off the feeling that he was being targeted...and I could be too.

<Nagisa>
Quite an expression he has there. Frightened...scared. I didn't like it. What should I say?

"The room is rather fragrant. Did the maids freshen up the room while I was asleep?" I tried to diverge from the topic. To at least ease both our minds.

"No one but Sir Karasuma, Princess Irina, and I are allowed in here. Obviously the King and Queen can, but what would they be doing here? Other than that, I brought in some camellias. Nothing special." I explained.

"I've always adored the light sweet scent that they possess." I commented. "It accommodates the room as well."

"It does doesn't it?" Karma agreed.

After awhile, I started fading out again. I don't know why I was getting more and more tired. I guess I️ need more rest. But I'd rather talk to Karma some more. If I sleep now, he'll leave.

"Karma?" I called him.

"Yes?"

"Give me your hand." I demanded.

"Um?"

"I'm not going to hurt you." I assured.

Karma stuck his hand out and I grabbed it with my right hand, holding gently onto it. His hands were larger and is rougher than mine. But this hand is mine.
Before I realized it, I was fixated on the fact that I found Karma...mesmerizing.

"W-while I sleep, please don't go anywhere." I said to him. Similar to a dog, he wagged his tail and nodded with a gleam.

I stared off to his side and saw that the spirits of them, the Original Crowns were upon us. They stood next to each other while the Queen smiled delicately.

I looked over at Karma and smiled.
These hands are quite warm.