97 | S2: Death Upon All

<Karma>
Where are we even going? If Manami were to be in danger, like now, we would be heading towards an exit or an escape route. Though, for some reason Manami didn't look too sure about the direction we were going in.

"Okajima, are you sure it's this way?" Manami asked, slowing down a bit.

"My Queen, I apologize but the other route is cut off." He explained.

"How do you know that?" Nagisa grabbed Manami's hand and pulled her back and we all stopped.

"N-Nagisa?" Manami's voice trembled while Nagisa stood in front of her, keeping her between us.

Fortunately, we weren't in a tight corridor so there was room for movement if need be. Six knights surrounded us and Okajima. I carefully watched the ones on our rear while Nagisa cautiously watched the front.

"What are you doing? We have to bring the Queen to safety!" Okajima shouted.

"Safety?" Nagisa scoffed and shook his head, "you mean her death?"

Manami gasped, "Okajima..."

"Lair! My Queen, I would never! Now come or you'll get injured!" He reached his hand out and I drew my sword.

SHIING

"Karma!" Nagisa called my name.

"I'm okay!" I said while blocking with my sword against the Knight who attacked from behind. With some resistance, I shoved him and with his fall back, I lunged in and pierced through his throat.

Blood sputtered out and the knight gargled while holding his neck and I pulled my sword away. In a few seconds, he fell on his knees and collapsed.

Nagisa unsheathed his sword and so did Okajima and the rest of the knights. The air turned thin, cold, and tense.

"T-this can't be happening..." Manami shuddered stepping back, "why are you doing this?"

"My Queen, trust us! Don't listen to these foreigners! They must be the ones who devised this attack!" His voice grew aggressive and Manami wasn't convinced.

"Karma, I'll hold them back. Take Manami." Nagisa said.

"What?" I responded confused.

"Take her and go!" He repeated, "I may be rusty with the sword but it's obviously not a disadvantage." He assured.

With the two other knights behind me, I tightly held Manami's hand. Without complain, she squeezed my hand and lifted up one side of her gown to make it easier to run.

With a quick exchange, Nagisa sheathed his sword and grabbed his bow with his left and loaded an arrow with his right. One short breath, he released and aimed at the knight closes to Manami and I.

SWOOSH

The arrow rapidly cut through the air and passed through the gap between the armor where joint of the arm was. The knight dropped his sword and that's when I looked over to Manami.

"I hope you know how to dance." I said to her with inching worry that they would try to swing at her to slow me down. Nonetheless, we ran for it.