55 | Heartache and Flowers

<Yua>
Essentially, Karma moved us into a separate private room to talk as requested from my cousin. Though, despite the tense situation,  it seems he finds this event more of a joke than anything else.

"Isn't it cute that you had to call me just so that they can believe you?" He chuckled to himself while pouring himself a glass of whisky. "Care for a drink?" He offered.

"Never was a drinker like you. I'd take a sip just to make the others happy." I finally sat down while he was across from me.

"Who would of thought that you would of come back like this. What about the poor boy?" He brought up.

"I will return Nagisa to his proper state when I see it's fit for him. Even though this is his body, lingering around him for so long, makes a lady worry." I explained.

He set down his glass and sighed.

"Well. You can come and go all you want." He smirked childishly, with a tinge of shade.

"Well I'm sorry if I hit a delicate nerve." I pouted, "it's not like I was the one who made you like you are now."

"A thousand years was it? It's a strange thing really. That I have not died since." He reminded me.

"Koro-sensei." I said aloud.

The way his tone tickled at my guilt-box made me sympathetic, when I called his name.

It has been a long time since I've met you like this. Even for me, I didn't think it was possible. Normally, people would come and go, and those like us, are bounded to the kingdom.

"I've missed your voice Yua. You're the only one who calls me that." Koro-sensei lightly smiled.

"Of course. You're the one who schooled me in my earlier days. You'd would sneak me out to town to buy sweets, play with your friends. You and your family saved me from death and were there every step of the way. You've done so much." I started to ramble about the past forgotten.

I didn't think I would get so emotional at times like this. Just seeing my older cousin after plunging into a world that I no longer recognize gives me relief. But I also couldn't forgive how nonchalant he was about not dying. Even though he envies death, he doesn't mind watching the world around him rot away.

"Well our mothers were sisters, Yua. I'm glad that you didn't forget about us." Koro-sensei passed me a glass of chilled whisky. "We may never have another opportunity like this again Yua." He picked up his glass about to drink; he waited for me so to the same.

"Cheers." I took the glass and we both drank our lives that no longer exist In this world.

And the reason why Duke Kuro is immortal, I'm not sure why myself. There were many occasions when I knew he was alive and well. I don't know what he's thinking now, but I do know that if I was in his shoes, I would feel lonely. The fact that centuries fly by, every day the world grows older, but you're the only one who is alive to watch all of it happen.

"Cousin, if there was a chance for you to die by my hands...would you yield?" I questioned while quietly setting down the small glass.

He brushed his hair back and poured another glass for himself. He raised the glass a little forcibly and some golden liquid dived from the tip.

"Death is just a concept to me now that I've grown to accept. It's rather amusing to stay and watch those who pass, as well as those who are born. However if it's by your hands, I would gladly." He answered.
•••••
<Karma>
The King and I spoke to the Duke Kuro and he confirmed that she was Queen Yua. When the King asked why he was so sure, he said he knew by the familiar way she spoke to him. Kuro even stated that Yua knew his real name which only his generation ever knew him by and was lost through time itself.

Then I realized that he is only ever called Kuro, nothing else. So he is like Yua and Roka and it seems that only those who are intertwined know each other by name. It was even to my shock that Roka told me that Nagisa and I were the only ones who ever acknowledged this reincarnation enough, to take those names as ours.

Soon enough, Kuro took his leave and said that he would be back again for her. Apparently she's as cunning as any snake alive, despite how history has glorified her name.
Though he also warned me to take good care of her, as if it was Nagisa himself. His reasoning was because she was once human too, who also lived through hell.

The doors closed to him and I was alone with her, as the current King advised me that it would be best if I watched over her.
From this point in, Karasuma was also relieved from his duties to guard me 24/7. At least I can be alone with her, without having to reframe from certain topics because of another being around.

I looked over and Queen Yua stared out the window with a tense shoulder. I could tell that she was uncomfortable.

"Well that's settled with. I'm glad that things worked out." I said.

She glared at me with a hiss. I never imagined the Queen would be like this. This is not what I expected when I've talked to Roka.
Now that I've thought about it, I haven't seen him around lately. Is it because Queen Yua is around?

"Enough of the small talk. We must hurry and bring back serenity to the kingdom." She stood up and headed towards the door.

"Wait." I stopped her and she froze with her arm out, reaching for the door knob.

"W-what about Nagisa?" I questioned with the fear that I won't see him again.

"You don't have to worry about him. You have no right to." Her voice was shallow and rude as she refused to glance over, "you weren't there for him when he was it his worst. While I thought you would come for him too, you left us waiting for nothing."

She rendered me speechless, a fool, and an idiot. And it's all true. Every letter, syllable, and word. It rang in my ear like a bell.

"T-then what are you going to do about Mamoru, Nagisa's older brother?" I managed to slip out. "Will you go to him?"

"No need. He must know by now that I'm not Nagisa." She spoke, "I may know everything about Nagisa's life, but there won't be justice if I go to his brother."

"When will Nagisa be back?" The fear ran through my blood once again. She's not giving me any hope at the moment.

"Tch. When I feel like it's safe for him." She looked back over for a quick second and I finally saw it. The despondent and desperate expression that screamed for help. Though, hidden by a strong front to mask the terror. It was something that Nagisa would often do.

Essentially she left without a goodbye and I leaned my back against the wall.
It is all my fault.
I'm sorry Nagisa.