101 | S2: Dead Silence

<Nagisa>
With swords swinging between Karma and Lovro, I could only wait for an opportunity to hold Lovro back with a single arrow.

However, he paid no mind when he left himself opened while Karma attacked him. Shoot, it was like he was mocking me when he glanced over for a second every now and then.
He's waiting for me to shoot.

"What are you doing? Just aim at him!" Hazama shouted out behind me, "can't you tell he's bluffing?"

"That's not it." I responded uneasy, "if I fire at him when he's opened, I'll hit Karma too." I drew my bow down and tried to think of something fast.

"What are you talking about?" Manami questioned.

"My accuracy does not fail me, that I know too well. But Lovro is a skilled man too, he knows that once he leaves himself open and I fire the arrow, he'll shove Karma in the position." I explained.

"How can you tell?!" Hazama groaned annoyed, "I thought you believed in him."

Turning around, I faced those two.

"I do believe in Karma but once you're in the heat of a fight, things surrounding you become a blur. The person in front of him is the enemy." I spoke while looking back on Karma and Lovro.

If one thing could describe how I felt, it would be nervousness. Will Karma be able to really dominate him? Even though Karma's strong point is his strength, he's being pushed back by Lovro who is much more powerful.

<Karma>
"No wonder your were ranked as a military general." I smirked while clashing swords with Lovro.

"Did you underestimate me boy?" He swiftly lifted his knee. He's going to kick-.

Lovro pushed my sword downwards and his head came crashing in against mine. A faint and I fell for it! I stumbled back and tried to recollect myself but he darted back in with his sword.

Fuck that hurt! I blocked him with my sword and struggled to keep up with him. At this rate, I'll drop out of exhaustion if I don't finish this up quick.

"Once I'm done with you, I'll keep you barely alive so you can watch me cut down the others."

"Heh? You think I'll go down that easily?" I swung the sword across his chest and managed to slice his clothes.

Lovro retreated back and started chuckling. For a moment, he stood there quietly. I don't know what he was planning to do but if I wait any longer, I will surely lose this.

I sprinted in with my sword in front and all he did was grin. Striking down at his shoulder he dodged and I duck down.

"Huh?" He was thrown off by my sudden movement.

"Manami!" I shouted her name. "Now!"

BANG, BANG

The first bullet grazed his left arm and the second managed to hit hit it completely.

This is my chance!
I dashed back in for the kill, he's opened now!

CLING

Our sword collided once more and I was baffled that he was able to comeback after being shot. This man is admirable indeed.

"You're not the only with surprises." His beating red marble eyes followed me and that's when I noticed his left arm moving behind his coat.

"Karma! Move!" I heard Nagisa shouting in the distance.

"You may be good the sword but you have to be faster than that." He maneuvered so swiftly that it was difficult to see the sudden light that reflected in his hand.