14 | Forbidden Fruit

<Nagisa>
I lacked to notice that we had been sitting this like for quite awhile. Kaede is just an easy person to talk to and I guess I've always suppressed my thoughts.
I stared off into the sky and knew that it was getting late. The sun was setting smoothly with the essence of a cold breeze skimming.

"I think I should head back." I stood up and kindly offered my hand.

She lightly blushed and smiled when I did. Kaede took my hand and got up herself, then tipped her head lightly.

"Will I see you again?" Kaede asked.

"I think so. I believe so." I awkwardly answered.

"That's all I need to hear. Not everyone can be as skilled with the bow. If I can remember, the only formidable one that I know of, is the Queen." She nudged my arm.

"R-right, so I've heard." I took a step back and I randomly felt a light pinch on my chest. I pressed my hand against it and it kept tingling.

"Are you alright?" She placed her hand on my shoulder and then that stung too.

I shook her off and saw her despondent expression.

"M-my apologizes, I didn't mean to." I don't know why my body is acting bizarre all of a sudden.

"Nagisa!" I heard Karma's voice behind me and I jumped. I turned and heard a loud gasp from Kaede and she was already going down before I knew it.

"My K-king!" She bowed down and on one knee, she remained looking down. Stiff and hard. "What brings you here?" She asked finally raising her head to look at him.

"Karma, what is the meaning of this?" I stepped forward. "How did you know I was here?" I dropped my hands to my side and the weird sensation had ceased.

"I can sense you from a mile away." Karma joked and walked closer, "no matter where you are, I'll find you somehow."

"That's rather creepy, don't you think?" I sighed.

"And you must be Lady Kayano, the palace's archery trainer. I've seen your work through our men's skills during practice. Well done." He praised her with a light grin.

"It's my pleasure! For these men and I, are your pawns to play in your favor." She replied.

Pawns? I looked back at Karma and he didn't seem very happy with that comment. In prospects to this kind of living, were seen as mere gods and everyone else, has to give themselves, their soul and body, to us.

"For a kingdom to prosper, there must be leaders, and there must be the will of the people. Don't think of your lives as just simple pawns, you too, have a purpose more than just being used." His words were well spoken and I couldn't agree more.

"You are too kind my King, I'll remember that." Kaede blissfully gleamed and stood up. She looked over at me and patted my back, "if you'll excuse me, I must be going now." Her eyes glistening with enthusiasm as she spoke.

"Right." I shook her hand goodbye and she bowed once more to Karma, before she left.

"Flirting with girls I see. Who knew you had it in you." Karma teased unrestrictedly.

"A friend, we just met today." I corrected him.

"I could see the passion she possessed in her eyes when she looked at you, passionate on the first day I see." Karma continued.

"That passion you speak of is because of you. Before you interrupted us, she was speaking so highly of you. You're the popular one." I explained.

Karma chuckled to himself and remained silent. Then he turned around and started walking back into the palace. I followed behind and my eyes were steady on the back of his head, his scent that trailed behind him as we walked. The scent of camellias.

My chest started to tingle once more and I stood dead in my tracks. Karma heard the abruptness from the pebbled beneath us and clocked his head around.

My body had seem to have betrayed me. These lips that have spoken the words, that I tried to restrain.
Don't walk away, don't go. Were these my thoughts? What am I afraid of?

"Those passionate eyes you speak of are the same ones you have when you look at me." I exposed Karma as he couldn't reply properly.

Karma casually walked over but with some harshness to his steps. He came close to me, grabbed my chin and looked down at my lips and back at me. The eyes that I mentioned before. How can you look at me like so? Who are you staring at Karma?

"You've brought this on yourself." Karma pulled me in and his lips touched mine forcibly, but instead of a sudden disgust, it was like a melting sensation.

Destruction.

The Original Queen's voice echoed in my head and I moved away from Karma. He didn't look hurt when I did and he kept an expressionless face.
I took my hand and wiped my lips clean.

"Mind you that someone could of seen us." I said.

"I see no one." Karma replied, "when I stand here, face to face with you. You, is all I see." His tone changed either smoothly and I denied my heart from falling for it.

"Whether you like it or not. You are my betrothed. But aren't we luckily Nagisa? That these feelings of affection are ours? So why do you keep chaining yourself to the concept? When you actually have fallen for me?"

Karma wore this confident expression, his eyes digging deep into my soul. An overwhelming sensation zapped my body and I let myself have it.

Karma took my hand and dragged me back inside. I didn't care where, nor did  I want him to let go. I was flustered and my mind was not with me.
And before I could notice, we ended up back at his chamber door. He gestured for the guards to leave their post and he opened the door.

His grip tightened and he pressed me down on his bed. He was like a hungry lion, ready to devour me up. His hands slowly danced on my body and I didn't fight back. All I know is that for the first time I have experience the taste of the forbidden fruit. Sweet and pleasurably, addictive. And so had Karma who didn't hesitate, who kept the embrace, refusing to let go.

The evening slipped and the sun was sleeping when we clung to each other.
When it was over, I was the one who was pitiful. Because when he finished and looked into my soul holding me gently, I broke down and cried. Not because it had hurt and I was in pain, it was because I couldn't accept that this body was mine.

I've often tried to tell myself that this is my own but fear creeps up on me and turns it into a nightmare.
I don't know what to believe, when this curse has taken me entirely.