72 | Blue Dawn

<Nagisa>
Two days after the funeral, Karma insisted that we take a vacation to his home. With permission from the current Crowns, and no cold words from Karasuma, Karma took the initiative to take me away.

"I don't know about this. I don't think I'm ready to face anyone." I said while Karma sat across from me in the carriage.

"Everything is already packed Nagisa. Plus, we're half way there. It's too late to turn around. Don't you want to spend time with my beautiful family?" Karma made a sad expression.

That's because it's your family.
I know you're trying to ease my pain, give me assurance through your loving parents and sister, but I don't deserve love from them.

"Nagisa." Karma called my name. "Look, I know you're still trying to cope with everything, but believe me please. This will be good for us." He assured.

Karma held my hand and kissed it gently.
"Your happiness is my happiness. Remember that." Karma added.

What can I do? It's always Karma swaying my heart. I nodded my head and let him win. It's only naturally that I would go right? And it would be nice to his parents and little sister. I feel like that once we're married, I'll be seeing them more often.

"Alright." I nodded my head.
Karma smiled and patted my shoulder,
"don't worry too much."
••••••
Once we grounded from the carriage, we were immediately greeted by Karma'a father.

"Karma." He acknowledged, then nodded his head towards me, "my Queen, thank you for visiting." He smiled graciously.

"No, thank you for having me." I spoke.

"I assume from the recents letters you sent me, that nothing new has come up?" Karma asked.

"Well. Our definitions of new aren't quite the same. Come inside, you've come during a special occasion."

His father snapped his fingers and the foot men hurried to carry our luggage inside. The four guards that rode their horses with us, stationed themselves at the gate of the manor. Along with the family's designated body of gaurds, you could see a disparity amongst their armor. Palace knights tend to have a bolder silver color, while those who defend elsewhere are darker. Plus, those from the palace have the decorated emblem of a crescent on their arm.

"Nagisa." Karma called my name as he was already a few steps ahead of me, as well as his father waiting patiently.

"My apologies." I quickly caught up to them.

Once we arrived at the door, something was oddly out of place. But how would I know? To me, it seemed as if Karma was confused as well.

"Where's mother?" Karma questioned, "and little Yuriko?" He peeked his head inside the opened doors and came back troubled.

I found it rather adorable of Karma to call his sister that, despite not knowing what was going on.

"As you must know, it was Yuriko's 14th birthday three days ago." His father said and Karma nodded his head.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I nudged Karma's arm.

"Because I knew if I told you three days ago, you would it forced yourself to put on a mask to celebrate my sister's birthday." He sighed, "I didn't mean to hide it from you. Sorry Father, I wasn't ignoring Yuriko intentionally."

He laughed and patted his son's shoulder.

"A lot of events have struck us off our schedule, pay no mind. Besides, you are here, are you not? Yuriko will be pleased since she's been with her mother all day reviewing her choices."

Huh? Choices? What is he talking about.
Suddenly, Karma faced palmed and let out some steam.

"It's today? And you didn't care to tell me father?" Karma instantly grew annoyed and placed his hands on his hip.

"Why, you sent a messenger bird abruptly, we couldn't dismiss it just because the doting brother would be present." His father chuckled, "it works out."

"I'm sorry, I don't seem to follow." I intervened. "What's happening today?"

"Ah, you must know about the Bells of the Saints." Karma brought up, "Yuriko is fourteen now."

"Bells of the-. Wait!" My mouth dropped opened.

How could I've forgotten?! When young girls of the nobility class turn 14, that's when the marriage interviews begin. Why am I such an idiot!

"I feel the same way." Karma placed his hand on my back, "Yuriko must be with mother, talking to the possible candidates and their mother's as well." Karma shook his head, "time flies doesn't it?"

Karma's father cleared his throat.

"Well, since you are here. Why don't you come watch?" He insisted.

"Isn't that rather rude?" I questioned, "shouldn't we give them privacy?"

"Of course it's not rude. We must listen in as well. If anything peculiar passes them, it won't get passed us." His father explained.

Karma held my hand and we followed his father inside. With a few turns after the long hall way, made it to the large solarium. From where we were standing, we could see Yuriko talking to a young boy.

"They can't see us, but they know we're listening." Karma's mother appeared with a godly presence. I felt almost weak from her motherly aura.

"Nagisa, it's been awhile." She walked in close and embraced me, "my dear child, it must of been hard for you." She whispered delicately.

"Thank you..." I bit my lower lip, trying not to break in front of her. I nodded my head and smiled, "I'm glad you're doing well."

"My, to think you would come on such an occasion." Karma's mother looked into the room where the two where. "Yuriko has to choose wisely."

"Tch. She's an idiot when it comes to love. She'll just choose a man who can serenade her with fantasies." Karma sighed.

"Karma." I shrouded my face.

"What? She's my precious sister of course. When I think about our fated marriage, I can't help but to wonder about my thoughts towards Yuriko and her marriage interviews. She's young." He looked inside and I could see the sparkle of worry in his eyes.

If it's one thing I've learned from watching the world spin. It's to hold those close, who are well and kind to their own family. How they treat their mother, his how they'll treat you. How they treat their siblings, reflects their reliability.

I can't help but to feel immense happiness for Yuriko, however Karma is right. At her age, she should be worried about picking gowns to go to dances, going on rides with her friends, learning how to juggle her academics.
But maybe it's because I've lost those freedoms when I was younger, that I feel so biased now.

When I glance upon such a pivotal moment, I can see a reflection of Karma and I. Out in the gardens where we were surrounded my blooming camellias at the palace.
Where our fate forever intertwined.