68 | Blood Stained Soul

<Karma>
That should be the last one.
I dust off my sleeve, while accidentally smearing the droplets of blood from my enemies. I sheathed my sword and glanced around, no one who would dare challenge me from the dead.

If Karasuma was here to see this, this wouldn't sit quite nicely with him. Just think, of what he would say to me with his caustic personality grabbing ahold of my shoulders.

I faced the door to the church and shoved it open. There was some resistance, but I managed in the end.
When I walked in, I was blinded by a light that seem brighter than the sun. Then, followed with the smooth colors that danced along the stained windows above. And the Saints that aligned perfectly without a chisel out of sight.

At first I couldn't see Nagisa, but then I saw the top of his head, casted down. A terrible feeling washed over me.

"Nagisa!" I exclaimed in anxious fear, to realize the sight before me when I drew closer.

He was sitting on his knees, with his brothers head elevated on his thighs. The blood puddling around, that I didn't even notice myself stepping in it.

To my right, was his mother with an arrow protruding from her chest, accurately hitting the heart like a simple bullseye. Nagisa must of-

"Karma." Nagisa spoke my name.

"Yeah-." I knelt down beside the two and placed my hand on Mamoru's arm. "Is he okay?"

Nagisa shook his head as his lips quivered. He looked down at his brother and tightly squeezed his eyes shut and took a painful breath in. His swollen eyes and pink cheeks said it all.

I looked over at Mamoru who had a vicious stab wound on his chest; the bloody dagger beside them. It was ultimately imminent that he would suffer from blood loss altogether. To think such a fate would be bestowed upon him like this.

Even so, he must of protected Nagisa; his little brother who he cherished deeply. In the moment, I could only respect him for what he had done in Nagisa's favor all this time, till now.
He made sure to ensure Nagisa's safety until the very end, it's very admirable that it hurts to know how much I couldn't compete with it. A brave noble, higher than any caliber of love for his family.

But I can't understand it myself either. Nagisa and Mamoru had suffered under the hands of their mother, yet they still cared to see things through. I don't know if I would do the same, it's remarkably too ideal.

"Nagisa." I swallowed back and placed my hand on his shoulder.

He looked up at me with familiar expression of woe that ruptured my heart and all sense of consciousness. To see him like this, makes me a failure as a person, even if I'm not the one who caused it.

"Karma I don't k-know what to do." His voice cracked as he began to quietly weep. His mind must be in flames, chaotic, and lost. He wiped his tears away with the back of his hand, though some blood smeared along his cheeks.

"Can you get up?" I asked of him.

He looked back down at Mamoru and nodded his head. Then he carefully took his brother's head that was slightly elevated on his thighs, laying him carefully on the floor.

He staggered as he raised, but I was able to catch him from falling over and hurting himself. He held onto my arm and looked away, trying to hide his emotions again.

"Nagisa, look at me." I said.

He inched away, looking past me and at his mother who laid calmly on the ground.

"I killed her." He confessed while placing his hand on his heart.

"You had to do what was right. Even though I wasn't here, I believe that you had to do it." I tried to assure him from his stress and guilt.

"That's not it." He walked over to me finally and wrapped his arms around my waist and held onto me tightly.

I didn't know what had become of him, but I knew he needed guidance more than ever. In response, I wrapped my arms around him, securing him with all the affection possible. If I ever were to walk in his shoes, I would know that it would never be possible. He has sacrificed so much, robbed from all kinds of peaceful natures. And yet, he stands here before me in my arms, still hanging on by a single thread of hope.

"My heart is beating normally, as if it's numb to what I did to my mother. But when I saw Mamoru's life slip away, before my eyes, I couldn't take it. It's indescribable." He explained. "I'm nothing but a vile monster...filthy and-."

"Nagisa! Stop belittling yourself please."

The cutthroat sensation that choked me from my own breath, I couldn't bear to listen anymore.
I pushed Nagisa a bit away and stared into his delicate blue eyes. His nose that was pressed along my chest was red as his eyes were swollen from the tears.

"Please respect yourself more. I know you must feel awful for what you did, but you had to for the sake of your own heart. The kingdom comes second to anything...it comes second." I said, "your well-being comes first Nagisa." I repeated.

"If Karasuma were to hear you, he would be disappointed." Nagisa slightly smiled with the lingering despair in his eyes.

"You're more important than the kingdom, Nagisa, you have my word for it." I let go of his hand and knelt down on one knee.

I unsheathed my sword and placed in on the floor between us. As the blade reflected both our faces.

I bowed my head in the pride that kept me alive.

"Remember Nagisa, I love you and I will do anything to secure our future together. But you ever fall, we fall together. I'll take your hands to the end of the world and we'll  fall together like a beautiful tragedy."

I glanced up to see him smiling with a radiance. A pureness that enlivened me to keep on going.
In this Kingdom, you are my everything.
This birthmark on both our chest, proves my loyalty to you.