104 | S2: Tempus Five

<Kaede>
On the pier, I await for the naval ship from Crescent kingdom. Karasuma said it would be best for me to greet them in his stead as he will be attending to Nagisa and Karma.

But I wasn't alone, Hazama was with me. Though, since we arrived, she hasn't made much conversation. Every now and then, I would steal a glance from her lonely expression and not say anything.

"Lady Kayano." She finally spoke, looking over at me. "For my behavior in the past and what has happened to your Crowns, I apologize." She inched back, hands by her side as she bowed.

"W-What?!" In that moment, I didn't know what to do especially when she was acting so unnaturally. "It's nothing to fret over!" I assured.

Gradually, she stood straight and slightly smiled.
"Even so, I must of been bad company."

I sighed while patting her shoulder.
"We ladies have our own ways of being tough in our line of duty. You've been through a lot yourself."

"I apologize too." I spoke.

"For what?" She asked confused.

"I had awful thoughts about you upon first meeting. However, things have changed for the better, I hope. A comrade from this day forward?" I stuck out my hand and she stared at it.

"Yes, of course." She reached out and took it.

HONKKKK

The both of us look out and see the incoming golden-yellow and black-lined ship sailing it's way towards us. It was only a matter of time for us to know who decided to come.

Behind us, I heard footsteps and noticed Captain Matsukata. I waved at him and he nods his head to acknowledge me.

"Good morning my ladies." He greeted while taking off his hat.

"How are you?" I asked and Hazama leaned in closer to me and greeted him back.

"Could be better once we start sailing again. The ship is approaching, I wonder who will be joining us." He brought up while looking out.

"I'm questioning that myself too." I agreed, "hopefully some familiar faces."

Suddenly, Hazama stepped forward and bowed her head towards Matsukata. With a shock, both of us wondered what's gotten into her.

"I want to thank you and your men for helping Queen Manami and I back at the palace." She appreciated.

Three days ago when Karasuma and I were about to leave the hospital after my surgery, Matsukata and some of his sailors showed up at the front doors of the building.
Essentially, Karasuma forbade them to get involved but evidently they didn't take no for an answer and joined us. Manami and Hazama were the first ones we came across on the second floor. Captain and his crew members helped escort them out and into safety. During that time, Hazama also told us where Nagisa and Karma were.

"Do raise your head young one." The Captain lightly chuckled, "we only did what was right, you would do the same would you not?"

A glint of relief washed over Hazama and she shook his hand firmly. The ocean breeze swept passed us and ease settled when the ship finally docked, the walking-plank connecting with the pier.

"Atlas, here they come." The Captain whispered.

I squinted my eyes, taking a good look and noticed their white and gold uniforms right away. The Tempus Five!

"I can't believe they're the ones who came!" I gasped, placing my right hand over my mouth. Internally panicking and excited at the same time.

"They really did send their best." Captain Matsukata laughed loudly and patted my back.

"What is it?" Hazama wondered why we were both riled up all of a sudden.

Following those four, the knights trailed behind with great force. Just looking at them was gaudy, the presence around them intensified and I felt out of place even before they made it to us.

I gulped and set myself aside, giving them room to walk together. The Captain and I bowed our heads to greet them but it wasn't necessary for Hazama. She stood with her hands behind her straighten back, nodding her head forward to acknowledge them.

"Welcome to Scienion." She spoke.

"My, such a beautiful day." Dame Hayami softly smiled while noticing me, "you've done well young one." Her long curly orange-brown hair glistened from the sun.

"T-thank you." I appreciated. "Your words are too kind." I responded with embarrassment but was extremely overjoyed.

Dame Hayami is the mother of Rinka Hayami, house of the Sabertooth beast. She's a physician that has been recognized for implementing more hygienic institutions for the sickly and helped open small hospitals. Her methods and leadership reduced the spread of disease that even saved Princess Irina's life when she was younger.

"Even from first glance, I'm intrigued by the architecture. I wonder what kinds of machines and gadgets they have."

The shortest one with platinum-white hair and yellow eyes was Sir Horibe, a young inventor who was twenty-two years old, assisting armorers, creating gadgets such as his invention of the mechanical clock when he was seventeen. He even modified corrected vision with eye glasses for those with poor eye sight, plus helped architects with remodeling windmills at the age of nineteen.

The one with brilliant maroon hair and handsome smile was none other than Karma's Father, Lord Akabane of the Cerberus house. He possessed great military authority like Sir Karasuma but is much above him especially as a noble.

"My apologies, it seems that my son has caused you trouble. Is he well?" He shook my hands, "I've heard quite a lot about you, but this is the first time we've met, no?"

"No worries my Lord, your son has been treated for his injuries and is recovering. And yes, this is the first time. It is an honor to finally meet you." I honestly spoke.

As those three were guided by Hazama, I looked behind me to see a straggler. At first I titled my head, unsure about this man wearing the Tempus Five uniform. Why does this man look oddly familiar even though I've never seen him as a member?

"My, what a sudden surprise!" The tall one with medium, slightly curvy black hair and eyes waved and startled some of the knights behind him.

"You're the Lady I met back in Magnolia Landing!" He laughed out loud and took my hands aggressively, "so you're the rumored Lady Kayano that I've been hearing all about at the palace!"

Awkwardly retreating back, and placing my hands by my side, I blurted out.

"My sincerest apologies, I'm afraid I don't know who you are!" I bowed my head down, growing afraid of my utter disrespect to this man I did not know.

Sure, I recognize him from back then but to think he was a member of the Tempus Five! Where are my manners?! He doesn't look as strongly built as Lord Akabane or Karasuma, is he a scholar?

"Ah, we haven't met formally until now. I'm not one to make appearances unlike the others." He brushed his hair back with his hand and smirked. His unveiling youth caught me off guard and I fell defenseless to his mysterious charm.

"I'm Duke Kuro, kin to the Original Queen, from the house of the Kracken."