127 | S2: Walk of Swords

<Nagisa>
Before we knew it, the day of dubbing had come to us with great force and excitement. Not only for Karma and I, but also the people of kingdom in which they took pride in those who joined to serve.

It wasn't until recently last year that I learned that there is no longer the seven year period before a squire could become a knight or a female to become a specialist. Apparently, the older members of the military requested to current Crowns to judge preparedness by other means, not just years of service alone. This is because they've began to see the rise of prodigies and holding them back because of this rule would be detrimental.

People who come to mind is Kaede of course, but she did most of her time. She became a young specialist only after five years of training.
In addition, if I knew someone who was more erratic than most about these occasions, it would definitely be Kaede. Apparently, social gatherings like these are a way to her heart and means of meeting new people.

"The both of you look quite dashing as always!" Kaede nodded her head and content while she examined our decorated attire for the ceremony. "You best be careful, both of you will be the eyes of target." She joked and Karasuma nudged her arm.

"Ahem." He cleared his throat, "we should be going now. I'll be escorting you both along with the current Crowns."

"I presume you have other duties to attend?" Karma asked Kaede while he complimented her hairdo.

"Most certainly." She gleamed, "all specialists, commanders, and higher military officials must travel accordingly with their unit." She explained, "this is my second time so I'm quite nervous actually."

"You'll be fine." I assured, "why must you become doubtful at times like this?" I chuckled softly, "we'll see you soon then."

"Yes, I'll see you all soon." She bowed her head and left first.

As for Karasuma, he watched her the entire time until she left and closed the door behind her. Something strange was in the air and I looked over to him.

"Yes?" He caught my stare.

"Nothing." I waved my hand. "Shall we get going?"

"We're all set right?" Karma asked the butler who was helping us dress up.

"You mustn't leave just yet." A feminine voice from behind us appeared and we turned around to see her coming towards us.

"Oh, did we forget something?" Karma's smile immediately charmed her.

"W-well, you can't forget about the gloves. You'll be shaking a lot of hands today. For the past few days, I've seen the two of you have forgotten to leave with them."

"Ah, that's not the case at all." I spoke, "we just tuck them into our pockets-."

"I apologize for being so forward but that's reckless." She pouted, "at least whenever you leave the palace, you must wear them appropriately." She tipped her head and opened the box that held the black satin gloves.

"She is correct." Karasuma nodded his head, "now lets be on our way."
•••••••
<Karma>
Walking towards the eye-catching golden rimmed carriage, the current Crowns had just arrived as well.
Amongst the crowd of many knights, Irina was there too, wearing a white-cream laced gown. Stunning.

Both Nagisa and I tried to search for Karasuma's expression but even at times like this, his cold-stone expression showed nothing. He's not even blushing.

"Good morning." She tipped her head at us and then the Crowns greeted us too.

"Hopefully you slept well." Nagisa said and walked up to touch the current Queen's arm for her to notice him because of her blindness, "you look beautiful as always."

"You're so kind my dear." She patted my arm, "are you two nervous?" She giggled while reaching out to find me.

"Only a tad bit." I went over and placed my hand on her shoulder. "But with the two of you with us, it eases our minds completely."

"Why would you look at that Mother. It's like you have yourself a reverse harem." Irina joked and crossed her arms.

As we held our conversation for a bit longer, the three of us watched Karasuma walk over to Irina and they shared a small talk.

The Queen slightly whispered due to our quietness, "is Sir Karasuma still acting shy?"

It was rather humorous that she knew that we were all engaged on the two of them.

"Unfortunately so. You picked a good one." My sarcasm made the current Crowns laugh and the noise made Karasuma looked over at us.

"Oh, don't mind us Tadaomi. Shall we call for another carriage for the two of you?" The current King asked.

I watched Irina's face closely as she stared up at Karasuma. She wanted him to say yes. But she pulled back and gave up. Irina ended up answering for him.

"That's too much trouble." She said, "calling for another carriage will only make us late. Besides, it's not like Tadaomi would like that." She brushed her golden locks back.

As she walked away from Karasuma and towards us, Nagisa released his hand from the Queen and she touched her mother's arm gently.

"Let's go Mother, I'll help you now." She turned away from us and the King followed them.

I crossed my arms and shook my head at Karasuma.

"Something to say?" Karasuma made his way over to Nagisa and I. "Was it something I did wrong?"

"The fact that you're asking..." Nagisa face-palmed, "you need to show more emotions. Answer me honestly, if you were allowed to ride alone with the Princess, would you?"

"It's not my place to say. In times of travel with the current Crowns present, I am to stay with them and a couple of knights escort Irina-."

"Right..." I sighed, "protocols are protocols. I feel as if your loyalty is literally unbreakably stubborn." I commented and he tilted his head. "Never mind."

"You all speak nonsense. If you're talking for the sake of our relationship, you're greatly mistaken if you think little gestures as those will make a difference. If she cannot understand our positions and sulks, that is not my problem." Karasuma motioned his hand for us to get in the carriage.

"Cold-hearted. That's what you are." Nagisa pouted, "little gestures do make a difference. Especially for a lady like the Princess. I am confident she wants you to be more assertive, just like how you are a esteemed military official."

Nagisa climbed into the carriage first and I said a few words before I hopped in as well.

"It's not an easy thing to do, I understand." I acknowledged Karasuma. "But as we, the young say, live a little, get out of your comfort zone for once. If you at least try to for Irina, she'll greatly appreciate it."

"When did this become a lecture about me and my supposedly cold-heartedness?" Karasuma sighed but he nodded his head, "I will try my best next time but today is not the day. Into the carriage you go my King, we have a ceremony to attend to."