134 | S2: Ascending

<Nagisa>
Upon the gracious blue and cloudless weather that honored us that morning, it felt unbelievable. The sun brilliantly lit the cathedral and the pure whiteness within glistened and sparkled.

Unlike the dubbing ceremony, the abundance of flowers that decorated the cathedral today were remarkably breathtaking. From peonies, camellias, ranunculus, to pale roses that surrounded the alter and entrance.

I carried this nervousness and indescribable sensation since the start of the ceremony and so did Karma. Maybe it was because of our white suits, delicately sewn with detailed threads and design that we didn't want to ruin. I stood stiff, making sure to do what Irina told us about our posture.
Or maybe it was the excitement and unrest in my heart.

I wonder what Karma is thinking about right now.

Despite the limitless crowd of our people gathered with us today, the only one I saw before me was Karma at the alter. His gaze did not falter nor stray, they stayed locked on to mine. I've always admired the man he was as his brightness, character, and resilience that defined him.

Every time I look back at our past our first and second encounter, I can't help but think of myself as a fool. But would things have turned out differently if I hadn't refuse his affection in the beginning? What if we had dived into our roles obediently?

The bishop spoke from the holy book written and preserved since the third generation after the Original Monarchs.

Irina did her best to cram these lines into our heads but it was no use. I could even tell that Karma was trying his best not to lose focus. I squeezed his hands in my hand and tilted my head with the smile that I wore.

It put him at ease.

"Time and time again, the thread of fate has yet to been severed. Blessed by the crescent moon, this kingdom stands tall and proud through shaking storms and pandemoniums." The bishop spoke.

In the moment, I thought about my older brother Mamoru. His kind spirit has never slipped my mind and in times like these, I can't help but to reminisce. What kind of expression would he have as he sat in the crowd along side my parents? If he was still alive, I wonder what he would be feeling.

"And their souls bound to the kingdom, unconditionally protecting generations after generations." The bishop continued his memorized lines and did not look down at the pages of the holy book once.

I made a promise back then and I did not forget about that too. For so long Yua and Roka have been chained to this kingdom, separated in different afterlives. Karma and I gave our word to them that we would reunite them one day so that they can live peacefully as a family.

"You can relax, dear."

Standing next to Karma was Yua but in her teenage body with her hair silky black hair dangling on her shoulders.

Yua's hands reached out and touched both of ours. I felt the coolness of her hands and Karma did not notice.

"Today is your special day. Please do not fret over unnecessary thoughts at the moment." Yua smiled and stared out into the crowd. "I've stood here countless of times and I would always assure and try to calm the nervous Queens of their future. However, with you my dear, you're thinking about my well-being instead once again."

Yua drew her hand away and smiled gracefully. And in a blink of an eye, she vanished into thin air while leaving a scent of camellias that only I could smell.

"Now, may the current Crowns and the Princess approach the alter."

And with those specific words, Karma and I released our right hands while still holding our lefts. We both turned simultaneously and faced the crowd.