This Mockery of Light (CW)

Book: This Mockery of LightAuthor: avadel Chapters Read: 2Genre: Short StoryBlurb:

Author: avadel 
Chapters Read: 2
Genre: Short Story
Blurb:

The Dark is dangerous. The Dark is deception.

And the Dark is the only thing she wants.

What would you do if the only beautiful thing in the world was the one thing you couldn't touch?

---

A collection of stories to entice your mind, enthrall your senses, and ensnare your memory. Dare to dive in.

Cover

My opinion of the cover is quite simply that, well, it's simple. It's a very simple cover. You have the background image, a splash of decoration, and the text. All the basic elements, but what makes the cover work is that they're used very purposefully and effectively.

All of it is very pretty, very neat, and very well put together. It overall is just an example of a pretty cover done right. It's still alluring without having to go all out. And really, I just love the text. So nice ;w; It matches the gold of the borders, which just goes very well with backlit by a starry night sky. So yeah. I'm rambling now. I'll just mentally clap for you and move on! XD

Title

Honestly, my main problem with the title is probably that it's just too good?

Okay, it's good. How is that a complaint? Well, it's a short story compilation. This Mockery of Light? That title is epic. It deserves an entire book dedicated to it.

Honestly, not much more to say about it but that.  Get this book a new title and give This Mockery of Light its own book.  That is all :D 

Blurb

Blurbs with short story collections are... hard.  Why?  Because there are so many different stories that you will likely delve into.  I've not had experience with this myself, but this is my review, so I'm going to trust myself and give feedback based on how I believe most effective.  Okay?  Okay.

For the most part, I'm not a fan of your blurb.  Why?  Because it sounds like a summary for a specific short story.  For a blurb for a short story collection, it would be better to focus on the overall theme that plays throughout the book.  Based on the start of the summary and the title of the book, I'd think there was a theme of light versus darkness.  So the very first line of the blurb is solid.

However, the new two lines are very distinctively one idea. You begin to mention a specific character, and sure, the book could technically be a collection of short stories about this one woman, but I highly doubt that, because it's presented as a short story collection rather than a non-plot-driven portrayal of a woman's life.