Mania (T)

Mania written by Dimaria1124

i. COVER & TITLE

I love your cover, and that's because it represents some mystery. It's pleasing, but it also gives off an awesome vibe for your book. It's really great. However, I wonder if all that dark space at the top could be made use of with a subtitle? That's the only recommendation I have. It could be something like 'seven days to celebrate a decade' or 'seven days to prove innocence'. Something like that?

I like your title. It's like chaos, but it's more unique. Excellent.

ii. BLURB

So I am not a fan of your blurb, but I do like how short it is. The problem is that it doesn't really hook us--there's a lack of detail in it. And since it's so short, you have the ability to add in some more stuff and organize your blurb into more of a story. What about something like this:

Once a decade, the ball begins.

Irene has been invited--despite her sadistic, mischievous and scheming tendencies. She didn't know what to expect, but it certainly wasn't to meet a man with the very same peculiar tastes. And the situation isn't any more straightforward when taking into consideration the fact that Irene is also being held captive as the suspect of a murder, along with eleven other people. 

 Perhaps one would assume Irene would be scared of the week that's coming. But in fact, Irene is the very opposite. She's not scared at all.

Because she likes a little mania.

So I took out Irene's last name because last names mean nothing to the reader and only confuse them. I also tried to reorganize and make the blurb a little more straightforward. I didn't add much in, because I don't know the story yet, but you do have the option to do that yourself, and II think it might be a good idea. I've also started the blurb with a one-liner that a bit easier and a one-liner to end and connect to the title.

1 2 / 1 5