Green Eyes (CY)

Book: Green EyesAuthor: lassie_butterGenre: Mystery/Thriller

Book: Green Eyes
Author: lassie_butter
Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Cover: 80/100
To begin with, I'd like to say that your cover is interesting. Not really all that sure what's going on in it, which is not always a bad thing, and it definitely goes with the title. 

A Few Things To Fix:

There's a hand in the corner, which just kind of seems like it doesn't belong. If it's a must have aspect of your cover, try to work it in more discreetly.

The font of your title is very pretty and eye-catching, but I'm not sure the fancy font really gives off a Thriller vibe. You might want to try something a little more dramatic. 

And your name! IT'S SO SMALL!!! You could probably make it a little bit bigger, and that way, when people don't have a large view of your cover, you can see it a little bit better.

And finally, is that an award sticker in the corner? I can't tell what award it is. I know it's hard to find a place for it that doesn't cover up an important part of your pretty cover, but there's plenty of empty space at the bottom left. Put it there and make it bigger so people can see your book's accomplishments.

Blurb: 90/100
Your Blurb is short, which is my favorite part! Filled with questions and intriguing lines, this definitely makes for a great blurb. But the only thing I would change is the wording of a few of your sentences. At the moment, they feel a bit forced and sound a little awkward. Also, don't be afraid to break down your sentences a little more.

I went ahead and made some minor changes to your blurb. See what you think:

After being set free to the outer world, Talia must team up with a set of individuals to liberate green-eyed humans like herself, seeking justice from the inhumane treatment inflicted on them from a powerful mortal's grip.

Discoveries are made. Mysteries are unravelled. The desire for vengeance is strong and slightly justified. Most of all, a suspect is detected.

The invitation to affliction is now in her hands. Either she stays locked in, or she becomes a probable threat to the world.

Does she succumb to its demand? Or strive to uncover what's beneath the surface?

Adopting the second choice could cost her an enormous loss. One that could crush the soul.

First Impressions: 80/100
OMG, your way of describing things is absolutely amazing! As soon as I began reading this, I was absolutely astonished by your word choice! As you may already know, this section of your review will focus mainly on writing technique, and though your writing was absolutely beautiful, there are a few things that I need to point out.

Wording/Adjectives:
I mainly focused on the first chapter for this part, and there were a lot of times where it seemed your use of high-level words was quite confusing. First of all, this definitely isn't a book aimed for younger crowds. Even for me, it was kind of like reading a dictionary. I have a favorite saying when it comes to writing, and it's, "Why use big words no one can understand?" You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. Again, I love your use of adjectives and the like, but you need to pick and choose when you use these big words. And always make sure that you understand the meaning of these words and how to use them correctly. Another thing to remember with your choice of elegantly descriptive words, is that you must remain remotely consistent. I know I just told you to cut out some of the big words, but when I say that I don't mean go from saying effervescent to using words like cuz.