Hunter's Shadow (Yin)

Blurb:

Blurb:

Title: Hunter's ShadowChapters reviewed: Prologue -5Username: EmmaConnolly379

Chapters reviewed: Prologue -5
Username: EmmaConnolly379

Title: Hunter's Shadow. It’s the quintessential title for your kind of genre. Not a bad thing. I immediately know this is a werewolf book (maybe because I’m familiar with the genre).

Cover: Hmm. It’s too dark. Gloomy even. Though if it revolves around the girl, maybe you could have something more feminine? Not sure. This is my first time reading heterosexual werewolf romance. But what I know is, the cover is too gloomy and your name is too small. I can recommend you several cover makers. You can PM me if you’re interested.

Blurb: I think your blurb is great. As long as it’s clear, I don’t nitpick on blurbs much. But I really think you don’t need the first paragraph. Just start the blurb with the immediate plot. I think it’s best to separate the sentences in the second paragraph into two or three paragraphs too.
The line ‘Then, his father turns up...’ could be ‘One day, his father...’

The first paragraph could easily be included in the intro or something. Maybe an A/N.

You already have the ‘All Rights Reserved’ tag. So you don’t need to warn people not to steal the book etc.

Miscellaneous:
Thank God you don’t have those silly warning chapters etc, so I don’t have to review the miscellaneous XD

Prologue:
Love the quote you have at the beginning. I think it really serves as the intro of the story. Your first line is really good. It has a personality in it. And we directly know the setting of the story, where it takes place.

You start the story in medias res. That’s nice. This kind of start almost always works especially when you have good writing skills. And you have good skills. It seems like you've written for quite some times.

‘The sound of her own heartbeat echoes in her ears.’ ‘Heartbeat echoes' already indicates a sound/feeling. So having to write ‘the sound of' is a bit of a redundancy. It makes the sentence less active, especially in the scene where she’s running away from something. Try to avoid writing senses: ‘She feels/smells/hears (including sounds)/touches/sees'. Some spots, they could work, but most of the time, it slows the narration down.