Eskakie: An Introduction to Calix (CW)

Book: Eskakie: An Introduction to Calix Author: TheConfusedTurtleChapters Read: 3Genre: High FantasyBlurb:

Author: TheConfusedTurtle
Chapters Read: 3
Genre: High Fantasy
Blurb:

~Eskàkie (es-kah-key)|Draconic| meaning: to escape, escaping, has escaped~

"Those declared imperfect do not deserve the beautiful gift of life..."

The hybrids of Khalíahstikae were not meant to be, yet they see themselves as perfect creatures - - the only beings fit to serve their god, Bahamut, and his mate, Tiamat. Those born with impurities must be given to Tiamat to be cleansed, as there can be no blemish in the tribe.

Caeruleus is one of these unlucky ones. Born with imperfect scales and emotions the rest cannot comprehend, he is to be given away to the goddess for cleansing.

And there is only one way to cleanse a dragon hybrid of imperfections. 

Death.

Cover

I'm not the biggest fan of it. Cool image? Sure. When is a dragon not a cool image (please nobody find me evidence of a not cool dragon because I know it's possible, the internet is messed up)?

But other than that... Nothing about your cover really makes me feel sold.  The image is a bit blurry or grainy or something, it's clearly a text slap on, the text isn't even all that easy to read, it's just overall really dark...  It's just not an appealing cover.  And sadly, people judge by covers even when they shouldn't (though some books definitely make it seem otherwise... *looks at some of the hotlists*).  Dragons will be enough to appeal to some people.

But others will just skip right on past because there's nothing appealing about your cover. 

Don't really know any shops to suggest at the moment, but would suggest looking through some if you're wanting to improve the cover.  If you're satisfied with it, though, that's all good.  Some people don't care about those who do judge by covers xD 

Title

I'm a mixed bag when it comes to the title.

I don't mind titles that use not-English words.  I mean... *gestures to Brisingr* I can see how some would have a problem with it because, like, "I can't say this word, how is it a good title?" So you may have that complaint from some people.  I can see the reasoning, but I still appreciate it and the way it reflects on your original world *shrugs* 

However, what I do have a problem with is the second half.  It just feels... So tacked on?  An Introduction to Calix?  That feels like a sort of non-fiction story.  Which maybe you're going for, but it just doesn't really hit right with the type of story you have.  Also, it almost reads like Eskakie is the series, then An Introduction to Calix is the title.. And yeah.  That wouldn't be a good title xD