The Healing Touch (Yin)

Title: The Healing TouchUsername: 123poseidonChapters reviewed: 1 and 2

Username: 123poseidon
Chapters reviewed: 1 and 2

Hi!

So I’ve read the review made by Tari, and I must say I agree with almost all of the things said. And because Tari has focused on so many technicalities, I think just giving you a general thought about the two chapters I read should be helpful enough. So this is not gonna be very long and very general, as Tari has been very detailed.

You’ve done quite well with your writing. Your narration is acceptable, the characterization is acceptable, and the plot promises something to be told.

What you lack are experience and practice, and it really shows in your writing, but it is okay and totally normal. Everyone has been in your place, but not many want to improve. You’re here to get help, so you’re definitely improving yourself already. And your draft is better than half of the first drafts I've read. So rest assured.

You tend to exaggerate the thoughts and characterization, to make her sound like a relatable character, which is very normal for a new writer. Some of the narration is unnecessary, especially about the mother and the happenings in the ER and the other interns. You are advised to start your story with significant scenes. You can directly start the story in the hospital. Try to avoid wake up scenes or on-the-way-to-work scenes, as they usually don’t contribute to anything significant.

Don’t let your characters ramble or cuss in their heads too much. It becomes boring after a while.

Despite the plot (so far) not being original, as there are so many medical stories out there, you could always make it interesting by having a strong character and conflict. Medical stories always have their fan base, I believe. So you should have your demographic.

I always advise new writers to finish their 1st draft and think about what they could improve later. Only by finishing the story and rereading your own story would you see what could be improved. So please consider everything we’ve reviewed and set it aside for a while until you finish writing the whole thing. Then come back and read this again.

Good luck!