Sunless (P)

Title: Sunless

Title: Sunless

Author: jaszthewayyoulikeit

Genre: Fantasy/Romance

Chapters Read: 1-3

Title & Cover

The title is cool! To me, it gives sort of mysterious fantasy-type vibes, which I suppose kind of works? Then again, from reading your summary and seeing what you mean by it... I'm not sure. But it's a cool-sounding title, and it seems to work, so yeah.

I really like the text effect on your cover - the fading yellow. It gives the impression of disappearing sunlight, which mirrors the title. However, the rest of the cover is really dark, mostly just black, with only a bit of face lit up. Though that dark does fit with your title, and it's very cleanly done, so I don't really have any major complaints xD

Summary

Your summary is well written, and it does have a good ring to it, with the sun metaphor and title drop. It flows. But... other than that I'm not really a fan.

For one, you don't even mention Yzavel's name, who seems to be the main character. You really need to fix that. You make out like Storm is the main character but then the first few chapters at least are in Yzavel's PoV. There's also no mention of any setting - it's easy enough to add in, but I find that people tend to like having some sort of setting mentioned in the summary. The only stakes we get is that basically he needs to love this nameless girl or... he'll be depressed?

I think the main issue is that this summary doesn't give enough detail. All I got from it was that Storm really loves a girl, and nothing else. I recommend giving some more background - any reasons they can't be together, how this girl (Yzavel) feels about it (in fact, the whole summary should really be about her, or at least some of it), and also other things that might be happening. Romance can't be the only thing that's happening in this book. Any other drama? Why exactly is Storm so 'sunless'?

I get that summaries are supposed to be vague to a degree. But you need to give something to hook readers in. The prospect of romance alone isn't going to do that. Show what's unique about your book! Give us a little more jeopardy! That way, you're much more likely to attract a wider audience - not just those who'll read anything with werewolves and romance.

Hook

I guess you sort of have a hook here? The MC is trying to do something, prove themselves maybe. This could be a big moment for her, and there's a little tension.

Then again... you do start with her walking with a tray. Not the most tense thing in the world. I also found this beginning really confusing - you don't actually state who's talking in the very first dialogue, there's barely any description save what Yzavel tells us in her speech, and there's also this random bolded section. I only figured out later that the bold italics were her wolf, but even then I'm not entirely sure how that works. I'm not the most knowledgeable on these sorts of werewolf books. But from how it appeared I guessed that this wolf was talking in her head, kind of like a second spirit or something?