Ch. 5

HOSEOK

The air was cold and bitter. The sky dark, not even a sketch of a star shining within the lonely atmosphere.

Hoseok stood up against his dodge, his hands in the pockets of his coat, his brown hair falling over his eyes as he stared out into the distance. The parking lot was vacant and any other time he would be on edge, knowing that there was nobody here with him.

But he had his gun and he had his wits, so he was fine. Hoseok wasn't scared of anything except for losing the people he loved. So he had no reason to worry because they were all safe. He made sure they were all safe...

The sound of shoes scraping the cracked gravel catches Hoseok's attention. Looking up, he seen the person he was expecting coming near him wearing a hoodie over his head and his usual jeans and sneakers.

Hoseok clenched his jaw, leaning up from the car.

"You late." He mumbled. The boy sighed. "I know I know, I'm sorry Jay. I got held up."

"Get your shit together. This is serious." Hoseok mumbled, opening his drivers side door. "I have something for you." He said.

Hoseok looked behind him at the boy. "But first take that hoodie off your head. I'm not one of your little high school friends." Hoseok scolded just as he always did.

The boy shook his head at first, hesitating. "N-no." He stuttered.

Hoseok sighed. "Dee come on. It's just me."

Dee gave him a look, his brown eyes shining with something hoseok couldn't quite pick out. He then slid the hoodie from his head and revealed his face to the older.

"Fucking hell dee, what the fuck happened to your face?!" He shouted, walking up to the younger causing him to flinch. Hoseok's heart shattered.

"I'm sorry. It's just me." He mumbled, tilting Dee's head after holding his chin with his fingers. Hoseok clenched his jaw.

"Who did this to you?" He asked. Dee sniffled, looking down. "Who did it?" Hoseok asked again.

Dee looked up at him. "M-my Da- Jay!" He shouted, looking at something behind hoseok.

Just as Hoseok turned around, he was pushed away by Dee. Just as it happened in actuality, Dee was struck twice. How did hoseok ever think it was possible to save him?

Dee's soul was already gone. He had been ready to give it up. It hadn't yet settled that he was on the ground bleeding out until hoseok dropped to his knees and the shooting stopped.

Tears fall from his eyes. He sits next to the boy he seen as a little brother, feeling his body sink into an endless black pit of self hatred.

"Dee!" He shouted, going to hold the boy's head on his lap. Blood just spilled and spilled until the concrete was soaked. It seemed as if through the cracks of the ground, the blood seeps.