Ch. 44

3RD PERSON

Trinity stood over the stove and stared down at the skillet of sizzling eggs she dragged the spatula around to separate and assure that they didn't burn.

After last night, she wanted to make Hoseok breakfast. She always did, but she wanted to wake up extra early to ensure it was nice and ready for him.

Her mother had only told her directly once that the way to a man's heart was a good meal and of course that stuck with Trinity. She knew hoseok and one way to cheer him up would always be food.

He came back home last night in a bad mood obviously. He didn't say anything to her at all which concerned her. And when he broke down she wanted to break down with him but she held herself together and instead pulled him close to ensure him things would be fine.

"I thought you left." His voice says from across her shoulder.

Trinity jumped, almost spilling some eggs. Hoseok caught her before she could hurt herself and snatched the spatula from her hand, placing it in the skillet.

"Be careful." He said in her ear.

"I'm sorry, you just scared me." Trinity said, turning off the stove.

"And of course I didn't leave. I don't have my car for one and for two, I would never leave you without waking you up first." She said lightly.

Hoseok didn't say anything. Trinity gestured towards the breakfast on the stove.

"I made breakfast for you. It's eggs, pancakes and I tried to make hash browns...cut up fruit too." Trinity said.

"Thank you." Hoseok kissed the side of her head before turning to take a seat at the island. Almost as if he knew that's what she was about to ask him to do next.

Trinity quickly fixed him a plate and placed it before him. Next, she made him a glass of orange juice and sat it next to his plate.

She wasn't really hungry at the moment since her adrenaline from actually fixing the food was a bit high, so she would just sit with him as he ate.

"Do you want syrup?" She asked him. She had only put butter on his pancakes. Sometimes he ate them with syrup and other times he didn't.

"No." He said, taking a scoop of eggs and shoveling them in his mouth.

Trinity pursed her lips, nodding and looking away. "Okay.." she said awkwardly as she drummed her fingers against the counter.

Hoseok pointed towards her with his fork as he chewed on his eggs. "Why aren't you eating?" He asked her.

"Oh I'm not hungry yet, I'll fix me a plate in a few." Trinity said.

He pat the barstool beside him while stabbing his fork into more eggs. "Well atleast sit down. You're making me nervous." He said.

Trinity made her way around the counter and sat next to him. She fiddled with her finger nails as the urge to question him about what went on last night chewed at her being.

She didn't want to bother hoseok. But he needed to learn how to communicate and express his feelings.

Holding so much in would only cause more incidents like last night where he couldn't say anything at all but instead freeze up and break down.