Ch. 63

3RD PERSON

"Are you ready yet?" Hoseok asked for the seemingly hundredth time.

Trinity sighed and fluffed up her hair. She had wet it to get it back curly and afterwards moisturized and combed it out as a style. So it was a big shoulder length afro, smelling heavily of coconut oils and framing her face.

"Yeah." She responded, walking out of the bathroom and turning off the light.

Hoseok watched her as she grabbed her purse and phone. They would be driving in her car because why not? It seemed as if these days trinity rarely used her car.

Hoseok the keys in his fingers. "You look nice." He complimented.

She wore a cute black dress with the diamond necklace he had gifted her awhile back, earrings and heeled shoes. She didn't have to dress up for dinner but she did, so he did too but just a tad bit.

And it was usual for him to wear the black button up and dress pants combo along with his expensive dress shoes and coat. His jewelry being nothing short of a simple, a shiny gold watch on his wrist and that was about it. No chain.

"Thank you...you look good, too." Trinity says.

Hoseok hummed and quickly scooped up her coat as well which she was seeming to forget.

"Let's go." He said, opening the bedroom door.

Hopefully, this night didn't go as "awkward" as Trinity told her mother it would be.

_______

"So you two really came?" Mr.Kim chuckled as he let trinity and hoseok enter the house.

"Of course we did, daddy. Did you think we wouldn't?" Trinity asked, turning around to face her father.

"I'm just joking with you princess. I knew you would." He said, hugging her briefly and kissing her forehead.

"I just didn't think this one would." He nudged hoseok.

Hoseok could take a joke. He knew Mr.Kim was just trying to warm them up. Naturally, he smiled back. In this house he felt safe and peaceful. It didn't take much to smile.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Hoseok said, exchanging a handshake with the man.

Trinity seen nothing but green flags this far. Perhaps she was just over exaggerating. Everybody else was calm except her.

"Is mama in there?" She asked, taking off her purse and placing it on the couch.

"Yeah. She's fixing what I messed up while setting the table. That woman is mental." The man sighed, shaking his head.

"Oh goodness." Trinity laughed. She made her way into the dining room. Her mother was only fixing the alignment of the silverware.

The food smelled amazing and was already laid out.

"Just in time." Mrs.Kim mumbled, standing to her full height and clapping her hands.

"Hey ma." Trinity greets, slowly walking towards the chair she would be sitting in.

"Hey sweetheart. I'm so glad you and hoseok could make it." The woman smiles, encasing her daughter for just a second before releasing.