Ch. 30

HOSEOK

The minute Hoseok left Trinity, he felt empty.

Not in a way to be dramatic or anything. But it was just him being honest. He was so used to being around her everyday. It made him feel empty knowing that she was now almost two hours away from him and damn near four hours away from her family.

It made him feel a little iffy. But he would protect her as best as he could from a distance. And she knew that no matter the issue, he had nothing against driving to her everyday just to meet her every need.

Her birthday was in another week and some days. He couldn't wait to spend that time with her. Spoil her with gifts and have some fun.

But now that getting her settled in was out of the way, He had other business to handle.

It had been a month since the shift. Things changed for the greater good. And he was happy that a huge issue had been solved, but at the same time...not quite.

Hoseok drove with his left hand on the steering wheel, his right hand holding his phone up to his ear as he sat comfortable in the seat while waiting for the person whom he had called to pick up.

His eyes settle in on whatever was before him. Not many cars were on the highway this early which was good for him since he had places to be and things to handle.

"What's up, boss?" Rico's tone was relaxed and relieving after picking up the phone. Hoseok didn't know wether or not he should read that as a good thing or a bad thing. It was often hard to tell with Rico.

"What's up? How's everything holding up for me?" Hoseok asked.

"He's still not talking to us. We tried being lenient but he's choosing to be stubborn. It's your call on what you want us to do to him."

Hoseok clenched his jaw. He hated when people made his job difficult. He didn't like obstacles or much of anything getting in his way. So this frustrated him to know end.

"I'm coming back from handling some business with my lady. I should be there in another two hours. If he's up, keep him up. And if he still not cooperating by the time I get there then I'll handle it."

"Got it." Rico responds. Hoseok hung up the phone and tossed it in the passenger seat.

He had to admit that he had more self control these days. Had this been last year, he wouldn't lost his shit on this highway.

But it wasn't worth getting mad over if you already had the upper hand.

He tried not to sweat it much because he knew what he was doing. But sometimes he did feel as if he might slip up and fuck one little trivial thing up and end up creating a domino affect out of it.

He hoped that a day like that wouldn't come. He hoped that sooner, very fucking soon, people went with what he said to make things easier for both himself and them.

But sadly, everybody didn't think like hoseok did.

"Dammit." Hoseok mumbled, bringing his fingers up to stroke his chin. Under the skin of his fingers, he could feel the slight stubble on his chin.