epilogue

3RD PERSON

Serenity; noun
The state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; serenes.

There was a nice little meadow hidden behind the trees a short distance away from trinity and Hoseok's apartment complex.

Within that meadow, beautiful tulips sprouted and spread all across the grass land. The gorgeous colors of the flowers pop. The sunlight does its job of bringing out the vibrancy of each and e be ru flower, bringing a certain serenes to the ducked off scenery.

Hoseok decided that he would take trinity out on a picnic to this tulip meadow for her twentieth birthday.

He, trinity and Oreo walk the distance towards the middle of the patches of grass. There was a small spot where they could spread their towel and eat their foods. Oreo had his chew toys to play with but he would be more concerned with the grass and bugs to keep him company. There were even a few bunnies leaping about.

Trinity held her eight month old belly. She wore a white dress on her body and a beautiful floral headband. Sandals on her swollen feet. Her skin glowing because of the moisture and the brightness of the sun.

Hoseok wore all white as well.

They looked like angels as they laid down the quilt. Hoseok got Oreo situated before tending to his woman, who looked like a goddess.

"Come on beautiful." He said, gently laying his calloused hands on her.

Trinity smiled softly as he helped her to sit down. He then sat down next to her on the quiet, and peeled open the picnic basket to set up their food spread.

"This is nice." Trinity said. "Out of all the places I've ever gone for a birthday, this has to be my favorite." Trinity said.

"Really?" Hoseok hummed. Trinity nodded. "Mhm."

"I wanted to bring you here because I know how much you used to love the idea of going on picnic dates. Before I could barely find the time to bring you on dates like these. I'm sorry, baby girl." He apologized.

"It's fine." Trinity said. It honestly was fine. Hoseok had work to tend to. But he was showing her more and more each day, how he was willing to put all that aside if it meant giving his woman and their baby girl the attention they deserved.

"Let's get my princess fed." He said under his breath, talking about their baby girl as he picked up one of the finger sandwiches and held it up to Trinity's lips.

Trinity bit from the sandwich, and instantly went in for the whole thing after getting a taste of it. Hoseok chuckled and clapped his hands together to get the crumbs from his fingers before going in for another.

"Your princess has been kicking me all freaking morning. I swear it feels like there's more than one person in there."

Trinity's belly was huge. It was expected, because she was a month away from her due date. However she couldn't ignore the ruckus the baby caused her. She couldn't sleep some nights because of the constant kicking all around her stomach. Something told her that it wasn't normal for a baby to kick so much and she feel it everywhere all at once. But maybe it was all in her head...

"She's just active." Hoseok chuckled, feeding her yet another sandwich.

"You always say that." Trinity rolled her eyes playfully.

Further into their picnic they were able to have conversation in the midst of their snacking. They entertained oreo and pointed out anything interesting they laid their eyes on within the meadow.

After awhile as they sun was starting to set, they cleaned up but didn't quite get up. Trinity didn't want to leave yet. She wanted to sit and watch the sunset.

"I always say that I miss the sunset in Hawaii but the Georgia sunset is nice too." She said. She sat between Hoseok's legs with her head pressed against his chest. His hands laid on her stomach as he cuddled his face into her neck.

"Mhm." He hummed.

"You're not even looking." Trinity giggled. Hoseok raised his head up from her neck and stared at the side of her face. Trinity turned her head to make eye contact. He wasn't laughing at all.

"Baby? You okay?" She asked.

Hoseok nodded, a gentle breeze causing a few strands of his black hair to move in front of his eyes.

"Then why are you staring at me like that?" Trinity asked.

"Because you're the most prettiest girl I've ever seen." He says.

Trinity was speechless. He said that all the time. But this time...

This time was unlike the others.

"I love you so much. Everyday I fight off the urge to tell you I love you a hundred times over. You mean the world to me, the universe. I want to spend my entire life with you and even the ones after that."

"H-hoseok-"

"I know that you try just as much as I do when it comes to us. I know that you're ready for anything, just as I am. And for that very reason I want to shout at the top of my lungs that I belong to you. And I'm happy that I could never and will never belong to anybody else. You're my one, Trinity Renee."

Trinity's eyes watered. This didn't seem regular. This didn't seem like one of Hoseok's random burst of affection. This sounded like a proposal of lifelong commitment. This sounded like....

Hoseok slipping his fingers into the picnic basket and pulled out something trinity didn't see before. A velvety, black box. A squared box.

Hoseok peeled it opened, revealing a shiny wedding ring. Decorated in diamonds, trinity knew it would be heavy on her hand. But she was willing to take that risk.

"Trinity Renee Kim, it would make me the most happiest man in the world if you took me as your one forever."

"Oh my god." Trinity sniffled, covering her mouth as she stared down at the ring in Hoseok's shaky hand. He was nervous. But he didn't need to be.

"You don't really have a choice though, baby." He joked. But she knew he was serious still.

"Yes. Yes yes yes." Trinity shook her head quickly.

Hoseok felt a relief wash over him. Like a wave hitting against the shore. It was amazing.

My life is complete. He thought.

"I love you." Trinity cried as he slid the ring on her finger.

Hoseok kissed her lips, his thumb gently rubbing against her side as his lips brushed against hers.

"I love you most, beautiful." He whispered.

I love you more than anything...

THE END OF "HIS ALWAYS".