Ch. 25

HOSEOK

The days went on.

Hoseok had figured that him accepting Trinity's decision on living on campus would take a much longer time to settle within his mind but surprisingly, he was wrong.

The more he thought about it the more he realized that Trinity was responsible. And if she hadn't learned from her previous mistakes then that was her ass. But he felt as if she did, hence why he was being lenient.

Her telling him that he was too over protective for his own good and a bit smothering did hurt him, he was only that way because he was so used to being her protector and leading her in pretty much every situation.

It was something he was used to and couldn't get over in just a single night. He realized that if her parents could let her go and allow for her to grow up and go out into the real world, then he should do the same. As her boyfriend he was supposed to support - as she would say.

And he would support. But if he felt like something wouldn't do her any good then he had every right to step in and straighten her out.

Currently, she was out and about. She had been doing a lot of shopping for clothes and shit lately and Hoseok didn't want to get in her way so he let her do her thing with that.

Meanwhile, he rested in the apartment doing random shit. He had smoked one earlier and now he was being lousy on the couch, watching Family Guy and waiting for his baby to return home.

One thing he had forgotten about these days was juicy. Trinity kept him fed and was always moving his cage. Currently, she had it in the corner of the living room. Hoseok didn't pay any mind to it because he couldn't stand the damn thing but honestly it saddened him to know that in a little while he would either run away or die or some shit.

Hoseok looked over at the cage. The hamster was sipping some water. The man then scoffed and looked back at the tv screen. In that minute alone, he ended up laughing at one of the jokes being told on the adult cartoon and the next second, his phone started to ring.

"Fuck." He cursed. "Can I catch a fucking break?" He gritted, assuming that the caller would be someone like Rico or something.

He could already feel his high blowing off.

He didn't complain much about Sik's calls but he was another that got on Hoseok's everlasting nerves.

He picked up the phone. Surprisingly, the caller was not Sik or Rico or even Trinity.

It was his mother.

But why? Why was she calling him? After she was released from the hospital, she didn't even reach out to him. Hoseok knew she was doing okay. She still had her house and he had paid off the hospital bills. He did his part but of course she never did hers.

Her weak apology in the hospital should've been enough to let hoseok know that she wasn't serious about rebuilding any burned bridges between them.

She hated him and he didn't understand why.

Her only son and she only used him when it was beneficial to her.