Ch. 68

3RD PERSON

"I'm leaving out of the country soon." Sik said, unscrewing the top to a liquor bottle as he stood in front of the table decorated with alcohol and drinking glasses.

Hoseok sat in the spinning chair behind Sik's desk. He was comfortable as hell in the older's office. Sik always scolded him about it but hoseok did it anyways because he didn't give a fuck.

He was like the annoying little brother and Sik was the tired older brother.

In a way, Sik and Hoseok's relationship reminded hoseok of how he and Dee's friendship used to be...

"For how long?" Hoseok asked, picking up a random ink pen and clicking the top of it.

Sik sighed and dropped his shoulders. "I don't know..." he said, placing the bottle down and picking up his glass to take a sip.

"Could be for days. Could be for weeks. But no more than a month."

Hoseok nodded but he didn't say anything. He knew that Sik was extremely busy. He had been mentioning South Korea lately. And how he needed to return back there to check up on some family members and business.

Hoseok wouldn't hold him back but he was a little iffy. Sik had been a great help with him and the shit he had going on as far as Hanseo and the Kendrick's.

But hoseok also had a mind of his own, and knew that he needed to think for himself in situations like these. Which he didn't have a problem with. He was used to being the mature one. Left by himself.

"So with that being said." Sik announces, placing his glass on the desk. "I was hoping that you would be opened to being in charge while I am on my leave."

"What?" Hoseok asked, sounding shocked as he stood up from the chair.

"You heard me." Sik says.

"Yeah but the shit is unbelievable. You want me to be in charge of all of this?"

"You act like I didn't have you completing next level task for me when you had just started out working for me. Why is this so surprising?"

"Well because you're a fucking mafia leader and you're asking me to take your place for awhile." Hoseok makes the point.

"Don't be dramatic." Sik mumbled. Hoseok flipped him off.

"Look, you don't have to do the favor. But it'll be nice if you did so. It'll take the load off me from having to look for another. I shouldn't have to when my most loyal man is standing before me." Sik explains.

Hoseok knew that this would be a huge responsibility. But he needed to practice responsibility. It's not like he didn't have help. He could handle it.

"You don't have to try and manipulate me, grandpa." Hoseok said, running his fingers through his black hair. He came from behind the desk and tapped Sik's shoulder.

"I'll do it. Trinity's gonna be up my ass about the hours I'm gone but-"

"If at any time your woman's stress becomes too much then by all means, please step down. I know that things between you have been a bit rocky and it's finally falling back into place. I'd hate for things to be ruined."