Ch. 79

3RD PERSON

3RD PERSON

Flashback:

It was a hot, summer day in Georgia.

Middle of June. The sun beats down on the children playing outside, the adults sitting on their porches soaking up the warmth and sipping on cold sodas or beers to keep themselves sane. The sound of scooters skidding against the sidewalks creating friction in everyone's ears, the occasional argument coming from down the block between two children having a disagreement within a game of freeze tag.

It was an average summer day in the neighborhood.

"Man it's hot." 15 year old Suga complained, rubbing the back of his hand across his forehead and collecting the sweat that had formed there.

"Right. Then I wore these big ass pants today. My balls are sweating." Jimin groaned, the fourteen year old adjusting his pants.

"Let's go to the corner store. I would say let's go in and play the Nintendo but we low on sodas." Namjoon shrugged.

"Okay. But you know you have to ask your mom first." Hoseok but in, the fourteen year old sitting perched up on the porch flickering a lighter in his hand.

"On it." Namjoon smirked, going up on the porch before entering the house.

Inside was way better. With the air coming from the central air conditioning along with the help of the fans plugged in, it was like a winter wonderland compared to outside.

An episode of That's so Raven plays on the tv in the living room, entertaining a ten year old who sat on the couch engrossed in the show.

"Mama, me and the guys wanted to go to the corner store right quick for some sodas and snacks." Namjoon chimes.

Mrs.Kim looked over her shoulder at her step son who had a hopeful look in his eyes. She scratched her head before stepping away from the stove.

"Okay baby. Bring your sister too. She needs snacks as well. I'll go grocery shopping once I take this food out to cook."

Namjoon smacked his lips. "But why? She's always getting on my nerves and she's embarrassing." Namjoon grumbled. He loved his little sister but she was talkative and like any other older brother, he was easily embarrassed by her presence.

"Boy hush. That is your sister and you will take her with you. Protect her and get y'all selves enough snacks to last until I come back from the grocery story. Your father should be getting off in another hour." Mrs.Kim said, reaching the boy a twenty dollar bill along with a five dollar bill.