Ch. 57

3RD PERSON

Later on that morning, after Trinity and Hoseok reached the apartment, they gathered all of her bags and for the moment chose to just keep her things packed until later on when she would actually feel like going through them and getting stuff situated.

Hoseok could tell that she was obviously exhausted. After her little confrontational moment earlier in the car, she went back to being mute and barely said anything to him at all.

She didn't even tell him why she no longer wanted to be in school anymore. He wouldn't pressure her into telling him but it was still important that she talked to someone.

"Ugh, I missed this bed." Trinity groaned, pulling the blanket back on her side of the bed and carelessly plopping down.

Hoseok cracked a smile. He took off his shoes and got in bed next to her. He was up and active for the few hours it took to pick her up and drive back home, but now he was tired all over again.

At first, it was oddly quiet. Trinity got comfortable and occupied herself by being on her phone and hoseok tried to get back to sleep. As mentioned, he didn't want to get on her nerves by asking her about school but the thought just kept scratching at his mind...

He felt as if it was important to ask trinity about school or any other factors that caused her stress. After the incident, he knew that it would do them some good to hear from her about her problems so that she could talk those things out and feel better about them. It was never good to hold all of that in and they didn't want something like that to happen again.

But he also learned that forcing answers and communication wasn't a good idea neither. It just put extra pressure on a person and would make her feel as if she needed to move at a pace he desired instead of waiting to talk whenever she felt the time was good enough.

So needless to say, all of this kind of threw hoseok in for a loop.

They sat in silence. During that time, he would hear her typing on her phone or laughing at a funny video or something as he tried to sleep. It was a brief moment in time where it was completely quiet, and a little while after that moment was interrupted by her speaking.

"My mom's gonna be so disappointed in me..." she said out of nowhere.

Hoseok frowned, opening his eyes and looking over at her. Trinity turned off her phone and placed it on her stomach. Shaking her head as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Don't say that, baby." Hoseok mumbled.

Trinity laughed painfully. "Why not? It's the truth. I never thought that I would be the type to drop out of school...I'm pretty sure my mom never thought I would either."

"Yeah but...you had your reasons. You didn't do it just because." He said.

Trinity pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know...I just feel like I could've went through with it for a little while longer. I didn't have to give up so fast."

The more she thought about it, the more she started to regret not waiting until the end of the semester. But she wanted to leave before the stress became too much. So it was a good thing she left the minute she felt all of that pressure.