Ch. 89

RAVEN

Flashback:

16 Year old Raven sat on the edge of the small, twin sized bed with her face in her hands as she cried silently. It was painful to be crouched over for so long since she had the weight of her pregnant, 7 month old belly to deal with. A thin, bright blue spaghetti strapped t-shirt on her back and solid grey joggers covering her legs. Her curly hair pulled up in a light ponytail. She looked like a train wreck.

"So what you gonna' do Rae? My moms ain't putting up with this shit." Her baby daddy, Malcom says.

He was 17. Still a teenager himself. But still her baby's father nonetheless. And so they both would have to agree on a decision. But the problem was that his views went in the opposite direction than hers. And so it was hard for them to come to a solid ground.

"I d-don't know Malcom. She told me that me and the baby could stay-"

"Nah. That's not about to work." Malcom shook his head. "I can't have you living up in here with a kid. She tell you one thing but I know my moms and I know that ain't what she want."

Raven wiped her tears aggressively. If this didn't work out then she would be out on the streets with her baby. She didn't want nor need that. She was a teenager girl growing up in a not so safe part of town. It was easy for her to be taken advantage of.

Raven was tough as nails but right now she was extremely vulnerable. She knew that after the baby that vulnerability would only pile up in numbers. She would have to deal with a lot on her own.

She didn't think Malcom would do this to her. He told her that he loved her. He took her virginity, got her pregnant and promised he would stick things through with her. Granted that they were both young. But she believed him because in her eyes, he had never done wrong and could never do wrong.

Obviously, she was fooled.

"Look Rae, I don't know what the fuck you gon' do but you have to get up outta here. I'll send money and shit but I can't...do this with you right now. I'm sorry."

Sorry. Sorry. That's all he had to say after coming to the conclusion that he would abandon the girl he said he loved and their unborn child?

Raven was perplexed. But at this point, not surprised.

Clenching her jaw, Raven stood up from the foot of his bed. The look on his face made her want to stomp a hole into his head. But instead, Raven slapped him across the face. The slap was hard and fast, leaving a sting to his cheek.

"Fuck you Malcom. Don't even bother contacting me, or my baby. You don't have to worry about us." The 16 year old said. She stood on her words, storming out of his room with her bag in hand.

Malcom's mother was out at the moment. She would be shocked to see that Raven had left. And she would be shocked to know that she raised a bitch, who couldn't own up to the shit he said.

Raven left and never looked back. But at one point in time, when Mila was only but a few months, Malcom made a return.

It wasn't for long. Raven was struggling financially. She depended on her grandmother for housing but she worked at a fast food joint for some time. 18 year old Malcom had graduated and had saved up some cash to give. His parents had gave some up as well.