oscar|| ex-bestfriend

« hello?" "Y/NNNNNN!!!" he slurs  "How's it going?!"  his voice resonates threw the speaker of my car "good you?" i asked slightly concerned "good!" there's a long pause "is there a reason that you called me ?" i questioned "well i was calling cause i think we need to talk-" "are you drunk?" i cut him off mid sentence.  i can clearly hear that he's at a party "maybe i am but it doesn't matter" i roll my eyes "it matters to me especially when i know you won't remember this conversation in the morning." we haven't spoken in month and now all of a sudden he calls me at 11 pm saying we need to talk? i don't think so. "why do you sound so upset?" he asks like he has forgotten the last time we spoke "maybe because i have no interest in talking to you right now" "c'mon Y/N don't start. i really miss you" i scoff "if you would have really missed me you would have called sooner. or maybe even sent me a texts. instead you call me when you're drunk at 11pm claiming we need to talk. i'm still so mad at you" i whisper the last part mostly to myself but i know he heard it. there's another pause. i started contemplating if i should hang up or not "are you driving?" he asks "yeah i'm on my way home" i sigh as a drive by the exit i used to take to go to his house "i know you miss me too even though i know you'll never tell me that right now. i still know you like the back of my hand" he says. i'm assuming he's  changed locations since i can't hear the background noise as much anymore. "i really don't want to talk about this Oscar" i said with a shaky voice clenching both hands on the stirring wheel "why not?" he says aggravated "because you hurt me so much! and it still hurts to this day to even think about it! our friendship  was dying and i was the only one trying to save it! you kept telling me that i was important to you and that you didn't want to lose me and blah blah blah but yet here we are. you let me walk away and you didn't even try to stop me. you made me wait around for you and you never not event once texted me after that day and that hurt me oscar it hurt every bone in my body i wasn't myself for days i would cry myself to sleep. we were best friends i told you everything and you are the one person who hurt me the most" i'm full on crying at this point telling him things that i hadn't even truly accepted until now. threw all of this i had some hoe made it home. i shut my car off waiting for him to say something, anything " i knew i hurt you. and it was so hard for me to let you go and i know i keep saying it but you do mean a lot to me even though i don't always show it but i swear i miss you more then anything. i miss your smile and the way you always look at thing in the most positive way. you always knew how to make me smile and cheer me up even threw all my bad days. you are my best friend even now, even when we haven't talked in month and i admit it's my fault i told you i'd call and i never did i know but god i miss you"  i can hear the sincereness in his voice. i wish i could hug him right now and forget everything that happened " i don't think we are a good match for each other, all we do is hurt one and other" "don't say that Y/N please" his voice is shaking "i love you oscar. but i don't think i can forget the hurt you caused me to feel. i wish that i could i really do but i don't think i can trust you anymore" i say giving up. the first time in months i have no more tears left to cry. "i'll try harder i'll prove to you that i want you in my life. i'll prove it. you can't juste leave my life i need you in it"