Oscar Enestad||She saw sadness in his eyes

She saw sadness in his eyes

She walked down the streets, head low, hands in pockets. Thinking, thinking mostly about him and how he invaded her thoughts daily. She hasn't seen him in a few days, she wondered what had happened to the bright eyed boy with blond hair that she grew so found of. Her eye brows furrowed together as she thought about his last words before he left "I love you" he said it smiling and his eyes were the brightest in that very moment. But since then he hadn't answered any of her texts nor her calls. She wondered what she did wrong, why he wouldn't call anymore like he used to. She continued walking to no were in particular but she knew were she'd end up. To that very place were she spent countless hours.

There she was, in front of his house, looking at it not daring to go in. What if he didn't want her anymore? She didn't want to find that out, no in this moment anyways.

The door opened reviling him, even from a distance he looked tired. He was in sweat pants and a t-shirt. She furrowed her brows yet again. Why is he such a mess? He walked slowly out the door, leaving it opened. She looked at his eyes. He walked faster towards her. She saw it.

He was only feet away and she could see his tear filled eyes. He opened his arms and hugged her, tight and she hugged him back. Tears filled her eyes to because she saw. She saw him in is most vulnerable state. She say the boy with the bright , vibrant eyes turn into the boy with sadness in his soul. She saw sadness in his eyes.