Chapter 2: Agreement with the Spirits

They found that after the Spirits came to the new world, their reiryoku would be greatly consumed. The Spirits' reiryoku was only enough for them to travel and live in this world for a day, and after one day they would have to go back, otherwise they would lose all their powers. If that happened, they would be stuck in this world as well.

And it would take about ten days to recover all the power. In this case, they had to come back to this world and meet Shido at regular intervals.

Therefore, they thought of a compromise: The Spirits would come to this world in turn to be with Shido, and he had no objection to this. This was the best possible method. He loved the Spirits, and he was grateful that he could still be with them.

"Shido, are you listening to me?"

Seeing that Shido was lost in thoughts, Kotori was a little worried, knowing that they were in a strange world that they knew so little about. Who knew what might happen to them.

"Oh yes, don't worry about it."

Shido shook his head gently, and then showed a gentle smile.

"I just said, Shido, you have been stuck in this world for a year, right? Didn't you find anything?"

Kotori asked with a frown while licking her lollipop.

"Didn't you say, 'don't you go out and walk around?'"

Shido rubbed his cheek with his index finger, slightly embarrassed.

"Even so, you should have found a clue!"

Kotori looked at Shido dubiously.

"Really, nothing!"

Shido shook his head slightly. He didn't tell the Spirits about the fact that this was an anime world, because it was too troublesome to explain all this, and he didn't want the Spirits to know the characters in certain shows.

"Okay! But you should think of a way to make us really come into this world! You must know that those Spirits miss you everyday..."

Kotori sighed. Although she felt that Shido was hiding something, she believed that he would not hurt them in any way. If there was a way, Shido would definitely get all the Spirits into this world.

"Okay! Let me look around today!"

Shido nodded helplessly. In fact, what he found now is that the world was all about daily anime, yet there were no supernatural scenarios. Thus, it was not easy to find a way to increase the power of the Spirits.

Even so, for the Spirits, he had to work harder!

"But please remember, Shido, the agreement with the Spirits!"

Kotori reminded Shido and smiled.

"Of course I remember!"

Shido nodded affirmatively. In this new world, the Spirits could not monitor his daily actions, and were worried that he would attract other girls. There were already enough Spirits who loved him now.

What worried them even more was that because of their limited power, they could not stay with Shido for a long time, while girls in this world could always be with him.

Although they knew that Shido would not cheat on them, it could not be helped when his gentle personality attracted girls from school.

Therefore, the Spirits set up three rules for Shido:

First, try not to actively talk to a girl. Even if a girl actively talks to him, stop the conversation as soon as possible.

Second, if a girl likes him, reject her immediately.

Third, if anyone asks, he should claim that he already has a girlfriend, and then cooperate with the Spirits who are with him to drive possible rivals away.

Shido didn't have any complaints about these agreements, and he had followed them successfully. He had so many Spirits like and was already very happy. If he messed with other girls, he would really be a scumbag.

"Okay! Time is almost up, you should go to school now!"

Kotori glanced at the clock on the wall, and seemed a little bit dismayed, for as though they would come to this world day by day to be with Shido, they could not spend much time together if it was a school day.

But there was no other way. Since Shido needed to go to school, they couldn't let Shido stay at home for them. They could only hope that they were lucky enough to catch a holiday with him.

However, Kotori was not so lucky this time: Today was the first day of school!

"Sorry! Kotori, I'll accompany you after school!"

Shido gently petted Kotori's head and said with a smile

"Okay! Let's go!"

Kotori blushed and pushed Shido away, pretending to be indifferent.

But Shido clearly knew that she was just being Tsundere.

Shido smiled softly, said goodbye to Kotori, waved his hand, and walked out of the house.

The weather today was very good, the sun was in the sky, there were no clouds, and the cool breeze was blowing gently, which was very refreshing.

Although Shido didn't like to go to school very much, he still had to attend classes due to the fact that he was an ordinary high school student.

Shido walked in the direction of the school without anyone. On the way, he met many classmates, but none of them came to say hello to him, because everyone knew that he did not like to chat.

In order to avoid contact with girls at school, it was necessary to know that in these daily anime stories, many romances occurred right here! So as long as he did not talk to anyone, no one would fall in love with him!

Therefore, although he had been in this world and this high school for one year, he still had no friends in class or clubs. He was very proud of this.

Shido carefully observed the surroundings, trying not to attract the attention of others. He avoided all the places where the romantic comedy might happen, such as the corners of the streets.

Finally, Shido came to the school that he was attending, Raizen High School, and came to his class. He knew all the faces, but nobody really knew much about him. He wanted to keep it this way until graduation!

Author's Note:

Shido is a high school student once again! But unfortunately, the Spirits can't attend school with him since each one of them can only stay for one day every 10 days. Please bear with this setting because otherwise the story won't happen :)

But rest assured, Shido will stay loyal to the Spirits.