Chapter 28: The Promise with Natsumi

Shido briefly recalled what happened in the morning. If Natsumi had really seen everything, there was actually room for explanation.

So he spoke earnestly to Natsumi in his backpack:

"Natsumi, you saw it too, right? I have tried my best to reject them. I really didn't even think about talking them!"

"Well..."

Natsumi frowned, as if thinking back on something.

Shido looked at Natsumi a little nervously. He hoped that Natsumi could understand him. Otherwise, if Natsumi went back and said these things to the Spirits, his harem would definitely explode!

They were able to accept each other because they are all Spirits, and Shido was the only one who could save them, so they lived together. But if Shido was not satisfied and messed with other girls, they would definitely give him hell for that.

Shido knew that he must explain clearly. If Natsumi continued to misunderstand him, he would be in hell.

"I have kept my distance from them as much as possible, and I tried to end the conversation as quickly as possible."

Shido added another sentence.

Listening to Shido's explanation, Natsumi nodded gently. Indeed, as he said, Utaha Kasumigaoka gave him a hint, but he refused. When Fumino gave him the psychological test, he also refused. Also, he never spoke to the girls proactively. In fact, they all came to him.

But in the same way, Shido did not refuse Mai Sakurajima's approach, nor did he refuse Yumiko's chocolate!

Shido was very popular with girls, and the Spirits knew it. He always appeared to be too gentle in some respects, so they all loved Shido, and because of this, they couldn't accept other girls to love him too.

Judging from Yumiko's expression, Natsumi was certain that she did not consider Shido as an ordinary classmate. So when did Shido show his gentle side and make this girl like him? ...

But it was impossible to change Shido's personality. After all, all the Spirits liked the gentleness of Shido.

Natsumi sighed, and said to Shido:

"Well, Shido, if you can stop talking to other girls today, then I won't tell others about these things, okay?"

"Of course!"

Shido nodded affirmatively. Although he didn't mess with any girls, he did make Natsumi worry, so he would try his best to satisfy her conditions.

It's easy not to talk to girls. All I have to do is shut my mouth, just shut my mouth!"

"That's good..."

The corners of Natsumi's mouth rose slightly, obviously satisfied with Shido's answer.

"Then let's do this!"

Shido chuckled lightly, and then ignored Natsumi in the backpack. After all, talking to the backpack was a bit too strange. People who didn't know him might think he was insane.

Shido was taking lessons seriously, but when the teacher called him up to answer the question, he just shook his head and did not speak. After all, if the teacher was female, he could not answer according to the promise just now.

"Itsuka-kun?"

The pink-haired female teacher frowned slightly and glanced at Shido.

Shido couldn't speak, so he pointed to his throat and made some gestures to indicate that his throat was not feeling well, so he could not speak

"Is that so?"

The female teacher nodded and waved her hand without paying too much attention. She had been teaching Shido for a year. The other party had always been a serious student, so she didn't suspect that the other party was lying.

Shido sat down and sighed softly. Fortunately, he reacted quickly, otherwise he didn't know how to deal with it.

But the other classmates all looked at him strangely. Although the teacher didn't know about him, but they knew that Shido had said a lot of things this morning, so why did he suddenly become dumb?

Although puzzled, most of the students have not shown much interest in Shido so far, and in this class, only a few people were particularly concerned about him.

Take Yumiko Miura for example, after seeing Shido saying that his throat was uncomfortable, she looked at Shido with concern from time to time, worrying about whether he was sick or whether he had a problem with eating her chocolate.

Yumiko thought wildly. She didn't even pay attention to the teacher. When the class was over, she was about to go to Shido and ask about it, but she found that the other party had walked out of the classroom quickly...

That's right, Shido left the classroom as soon as the class was over. He didn't want the girls in the class to talk to him, nor the two senpais from other classes to suddenly trouble him on a whim, so the best way was to leave the classroom as soon as possible and avoid these girls.

He needs to eat anyway!

Natsumi was different from Kotori and Mukuro. She didn't prepare lunch for Shido, so during lunch break, he would have to go to the dining hall to buy food by himself.

If he brought it back to the classroom to eat, it would feel inconvenient; if he went to the rooftop, he may encounter Utaha Kasumigaoka. So after thinking about it, he would simply eat it alone in the dining hall.

There would be a lot of people in the dining hall, and it would be difficult for those girls to find him. Even if they found him, there was no way for them to say anything strange since there were so many people around.

Shido smiled slightly, then carried his backpack and went to the school dining hall. The reason why he had to carry the backpack was naturally because Natsumi was in it.

He didn't know whether Natsumi had breakfast, but he was certain that there was no lunch in the backpack, which meant that Natsumi had nothing to eat now.

Therefore, Shido had to take her to the dining hall. Although it was a bit strange to eat with a backpack, he had no better way.

Raizen High School's dining hall was very big, and there were many kinds of food, including Japanese, Chinese, and Western cuisines, and the price was very cheap.

As a matter of fact, most of the students would have their lunch here. After all, it was affordable and delicious. So there were not many students who could bring lunches like Shido. When he came to the dining hall , it was already crowded with people...