Chapter 6: Joining the Service Club?

After the school bell rang, a bald-headed middle-aged teacher announced that the first day of class was officially over. The students cheered, but there were also many students who were very calm like Shido.

Shido picked up his backpack, and then followed Hiratsuka's request, heading toward the teacher's office with Hachiman.

But they didn't talk to each other, so instead of saying that they came together, they just happened to be going in the same direction.

Arriving at the door of the faculty room, Shido knocked gently on the door. After hearing Hiratsuka's answer, he slowly opened the door, walked in and said politely:

"Excuse me!"

In the faculty room, Shizuka, dressed in white, was waiting for the two with a flat face. On her desk, there were two compositions.

And there was an ashtray next to it. This woman obviously didn't want to hide her smoking habit. Wait, wasn't she supposed to be a model teacher?

"You two are here..."

Hiratsuka quietly tapped on the table and looked at the two students left and right.

"Hello, Hiratsuka-sensei, what do you need us for?"

Shido asked in a bit of an anxious tone, and at the same time, he looked at his watch a few times, showing that he was in a hurry.

Hiratsuka picked up the composition on the desk and shook it, and then asked the two of them:

"Itsuka, Hikigaya, do you know what the topic of the composition was for the vacation homework assigned by the teacher?

Shido did not answer, because he had forgotten, maybe he didn't know at all. If it was like the original, it should be a topic like "Looking back at high school life"!

Sure enough, Hachiman turned his head in a little embarrassment, and then responded softly:

"An essay with the title 'Looking Back at High School Life'..."

"Then why did you write such an arrogant composition! I don't understand, why did you write it like this?!"

Hiratsuka silently glanced at the composition in his hand.

"Is there a problem with that?"

Hachiman asked, dumbfounded.

Hiratsuka sighed quietly, looked at the eyes of Hachiman, and then said:

"Your eyes are like the eyes of a dead fish!"

"Do I look rich in DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)? I feel smart..."

Hachiman smiled and didn't take Hiratsuka's mockery at all, because he had experienced so much of similar things that he didn't feel anything anymore.

Shido stood aside and nodded repeatedly, not because he thought Hachiman was right, but because he enjoyed the nostalgic feeling of watching SNAFU once again.

(SNAFU is Oregairu, or MY Teen Romantic Comedy Gone Wrong as I Expected)