Chapter 153: Leaving the Shrine

"What is the question?"

Shido asked softly.

He thought about a lot of possibilities: Maybe she wanted to test his wisdom, or ask him to help protect the world.

However, he did not expect that the other party actually asked ...

"Which one of us is cuter?"

Maki asked with a chuckle.

Shido couldn't help but be stunned, he didn't expect this to be the question at all!

"Come on, is it me, or Rio?"

She shook her legs excitedly. Somehow, Shido managed to hear the name of the other girl.

Rio

Rio...

He contemplated. He felt like he had heard of this name before, but when he tried to recall more, he suddenly felt a headache and stopped.

Shido rubbed his head. This painful feeling in the head wasn't pleasant at all. Anyway, the crucial task in front of him was to answer Maki's question.

Since it was to make the other party satisfied, should he praise the girl named Maki for being cuter? But in this case, the other girl named Rio would definitely be upset.

In fact, from Shido's point of view, both of them were quite cute...

After all, he was really a lolicon!

"Both of you are very cute..."

Shido responded tentatively, then sneaked a peek at Rio's reaction. To his relief, she seemed to be smiling happily, warming his heart inside.

"It's this answer again, nothing new at all."

Maki sighed, obviously not liking Shido's response.

"Well......"

Before Shido could say anything, Maki waved her hand, and a strong wind blew in his face, causing him to close his eyes for a second. When he reopened his eyes, he found that he had returned to the original place, in front of the sacred tree on the dry soil.

 When he reopened his eyes, he found that he had returned to the original place, in front of the sacred tree on the dry soil