Chapter 14: Confronting Utaha

Shido reached his seat safe and sound, but he wasn't ready to relax yet. He glanced at the seat where Gabriel was supposed to sit, but she was nowhere to be found.

She must have skipped class, despite the fact that it was only the second day of school!

Shido sighed in disappointment. He wanted to talk to Gabriel about the spiritual power, hoping she would have an answer for him. But no luck today!

When the bell rang, a teacher walked in and marked the beginning of a most likely boring class.

In the middle of the class, Shido heard a noise behind him: It was Tomoya writing on a note in defiance.

Within a few seconds, Tomoya passed the note to Shido.

Shido was surprised that Tomoya considered him as a friend close enough to pass notes with. But when he opened the note, he realized it wasn't like that:

It was an election of the most beautiful girl in class!

Like the Presidential Election or any other ones, each boy had one vote.

Doing something like this was completely normal for boys in puberty, but Shido was an exception. After all, he had so many Spirits with him.

Of course, Shido felt the need to participate, since he wanted to be seen like a normal boy. He pretended to think very hard, as if making a tough decision.

However, he had no interest in voting for such an election. In fact, he was more worried about what he should have for lunch today!

Since Mukuro was clingy this morning, she did not have the time to make breakfast or bento. Therefore, Shido decided to eat at the school cafe.

Okay!

After figuring out what to have for lunch, Shido took a look at the votes for the leading girls: Yumiko Miura, Nino Nanako, and Umaru-chan tied for first place; Yui Yuigahama, Fumino Furuhashi, and Rizu Ogata tied for second place.

It was pretty normal since they were all beautiful girls with great taste in fashion style; what set them apart was their popularity in school.

The rest of the girls only had one vote or two, some of them were even unfamiliar to Shido. And on the bottom of the note, there was this phrase:

2D Girls for Life!

Shido bet this must be Tomoya's writing.

Since everyone was talking about 3D girls on the note, no wonder why Tomoya was upset!

Leaving him out of thoughts, Shido casted his sacred vote to Gabriel. The Dropout Gabriel.

She had zero votes, since she barely dressed up or socialized with others. In addition, she always lazed around and skipped classes. But, Shido believed that she deserved one vote.