Chapter 86: The Kanda Shrine

"Then why did the Tree of Life lose 'life'?"

Shido asked very solemnly.

The Tree of Life could mean the life of the world. Once the Tree of Life had no "life", everything in the world would lose its vitality, and it would not be far from destruction.

"I don't know, but it is estimated that the divine tree actively used these powers in order to achieve a certain purpose. In this case, the possibility of its power being stolen is not high!"

Gabriel explained lightly. In fact, she only learned about this yesterday. It was the information given to her by Heaven. They hoped that she would help in the investigation.

Even if it was related to the destruction of the world, she didn't care much about what might happen to human beings.

However, due to her sister's intervention, Heaven specifically asked her to submit the investigation report on time. If she didn't submit it on time, they would immediately cancel her pitiful allowance.

Therefore, Gabriel handed such a mission over to Shido and let him investigate, since he happened to be interested in this matter anyway.

Thinking about Gabriel, she felt that she was very smart, giving the other party useless information, and asking him to help save her allowance.

On the other side, Shido was also contemplating.

Even the angels didn't know the whereabouts of the power of the Tree of Life, does he really have a way to find it?

But after thinking about it, no matter how difficult it might be, he still had to try. After all, it was related to the future of him and the Spirits. Even if the chance was slim, he shouldn't give up!

Shido let out a light breath, and then asked again:

"When did the Tree of Life lose its power?"

"Two days ago."

Gabriel answered truthfully.

"Two days ago...in Tokyo?"

Shido frowned. It seemed that he happened to be in Tokyo two days ago. At that time, he was on a date with the Yamai sisters at the amusement park and had a good time.

Did anything special happen that day?

Shido thought for a while, and then suddenly realized that a very strange thing did happen that day: The sudden earthquake!

Even the authorities that specialized in earthquake measurement had no way to explain the strange earthquake. He still remembered that the magnitude of the earthquake was quite large. Fortunately, it was located in a relatively suburban location and did not cause too many casualties.

Is it possible that the Tree of Life was right next to it, and then something happened and caused that earthquake?

After pondering for a while, without finding an answer, Shido expressed his thoughts to Gabriel:

"That afternoon, there was a massive earthquake over the Tokyo Amusement Park. Was it related to this?"

"I have no idea."

Gabriel shook her head. Although she knew what happened, she didn't care because she had no interest in investigating it carefully.

Shido nodded thoughtfully. Since the other party did not deny it, he could investigate in this direction.

"By the way, the sacred tree is in a certain shrine in Tokyo. If you are interested, you can take a look there. Maybe you will find something."

Gabriel smiled.

"What shrine?"

Shido asked curiously.

"The Kanda Shrine."

Gabriel replied softly.

"The Kanda Shrine?"

Shido frowned. This was a famous shrine in the Date a Live world; he did not expect this world to have the same shrine.

"Hmm! Actually, it wasn't called Kanda before, it was called Kami Tree, but I don't know when it became the Kanda district, and the Kami Tree shrine became the Kanda Shrine..."

Gabriel chuckled and explained the history of Kanda Shrine. These materials did not exist in the history of mankind, but were recorded in the Library of the Angels.

"Okay."

Shido replied casually. He had no interest in such history, but if there was a Tree of Life in Kanda Shrine, he really had to take a look.

However, he always felt that the sacred tree of Christ was mixed together with the Japanese shrine, which was a bit strange, but sometimes religion had changes like this.

Shido didn't care too much about it. He was only thinking about when to go to Tokyo. If it was a school day, he was afraid that it would not be enough time.

Then maybe he should go there on Friday. It just happened that this Friday would be a holiday, so he could go there all day.

"Anything else you want to know?"

Gabriel asked in a low voice. For her, the more Shido knew, the better, because if his report were a little more detailed, the Kingdom of Heaven might increase her allowance.

"Not for the time being... Why don't we exchange contact information so that we can easily talk to each other? "

Shido took out his phone. This was the first time he had taken the initiative to ask for a girl's contact information since he came to this world.

But in Shido's mind, Gabriel was just a shut-in neet who couldn't care less about romance, so it shouldn't matter.

Gabriel didn't have any objections either. She took out her phone, exchanged emails with Shido, sent a simple message, and said:

"Young man, the task of saving the world is up to you..."

After saying that, she went back to work.

Hopefully the manager didn't catch her slacking off at work and chatting with a customer for such a long time. Otherwise, it would be useless to praise her.

The store manager may not have seen it, but Nanami certainly had!

Because there were not too many customers in the store at this time, Nanami took Gabriel aside and wanted to ask her something.

"Is there a problem?"

Gabriel frowned. She had heard of the hidden rule that some seniors in the workplace liked to bully juniors and speak ill of them. Could it be that she had encountered such a thing?

If so, this world should be destroyed!

"What did that boy say to you just now?"

Nanami gritted her teeth and asked. If she knew what Shido and Gabriel had just chatted about, maybe it could be used as evidence to testify against him, so as to save the ignorant girls who were deceived.

Gabriel didn't think about it that much, so she replied casually:

"That he is going to save the world... or something like that!"