Chapter 9: Book Signing Event?

"Is that so?"

Utaha Kasumigaoka sneered. Shido and her were both new writers. However, she believed that the quality of her works was much superior. In fact, the reception she got really proved her point.

However, she could not refute what the editors said. It was true that her work was well received, but there were fewer readers interested in it, and only a tiny group of loyal fans among them.

On the contrary, the novel written by Shido had a lot of readers, despite the fact that there were countless negative reviews.

Was this what the editors wanted her to learn?

Utaha lowered her head seriously, and began to consider the pros and cons of this matter...

Shido glanced at Utaha who had calmed down, and couldn't help frowning. He originally wanted to stimulate the other party, and then with Utaha's character, she would definitely quarrel with him.

When the time came, they would break up unhappily, and the signing event would not be held.

However, Utaha actually endured it for some reason.

Before Shido could say anything, editor Toki put down a finger and continued:

"Second, because you are good at different things, fans rarely overlap. Generally, readers of Utaha will not like to read 'Smartphone Man', and those who like 'Smartphone Man' will not read 'The Metronome in Love'.

 Generally, readers of Utaha will not like to read 'Smartphone Man', and those who like 'Smartphone Man' will not read 'The Metronome in Love'

So if the two of you hold a sales meeting together, you can also let some people who didn't read your work realize that you two get along! "

"In other words, in order to increase sales of works..."

Shido sighed. Although editor Toki didn't say it clearly, everyone knew what he meant: Letting fans of both sides buy works from each other's side was the real purpose of this signing event.

Generally speaking, there would be two writers in the signing event, and readers would ask for both of their signatures.

Shido didn't mind such an approach, but the problem was that he would have to interact with Utaha.

Therefore, Shido declared in a stern expression:

"I don't like to swindle readers' money like this. If it's not for my fans, then it's pointless to sell light novels like this!"

"Pointless..."

Editor Toki said in a low voice, then circled his two fingers and made a symbol of money. The meaning he wanted to express was very clear: The sales of light novels are the royalties for Shido!

"Uh..."

Shido couldn't retort it since it was so true.

"Then the third reason?"