Chapter 29: Natsumi's Disappearance

At this time, Shido came to the corner of the dining hall. There were a row of vending machines, and they all had a touch screen in the middle. Various meals were displayed on them, offering many food choices.

Raizen High School's dining hall was pretty advanced, allowing students to buy tickets here first, and the automatic vending machine would send the data to the kitchen. Students would only need to go to the other side to get food after a while. It was very convenient.

But because of the large number of students, no matter how convenient it was, you would still need to line up. This was why Shido didn't like to come to the dining hall to buy meals. It always felt like a waste of time.

But he didn't bring a lunch box, and forgot to buy some sandwiches for lunch, so he could only come to the dining hall and queue up obediently.

Fortunately, Shido was here pretty early, and the people in the dining hall were not considered the highest peak. It shouldn't take too long to wait in line now.

While lining up, Shido looked around, and then was a little surprised to find that the Dropout Angel, Gabriel, was in front of him.

Next to Gabriel were her angel and demon friends, all familiar faces from the anime "Dropout Gabriel".

Who would have thought that a girl with a bad characteristic like Gabriel was actually an angel, and a good girl like Tsukinose Vignette April was a demon

Who would have thought that a girl with a bad characteristic like Gabriel was actually an angel, and a good girl like Tsukinose Vignette April was a demon. Shido had always felt that these two girls were switched at birth!

In fact, Shido had been looking for Gabriel for the past two days, because he believed that Gabriel was the key to increase his spiritual power in this world!

Although she had a horrible personality, she was a real angel, possessing the spells and powers of angels, and her status in the heavens was certainly not too low.

As far as Shido knew, the spiritual power of the Spirits came from the Kabbalah Tree of Life. The ten Spirit Crystals (counting Yamai sisters' as one) were the ten nodes of the Tree of Life, and he had earned the spiritual power from them. Therefore, there shouldn't be any method to increase his spiritual powers.

However, Shido did some research and found that the Bible of this world also mentioned the Kabbalah Tree of Life, which was a sacred tree in the middle of Eden Garden created by God.

Of course, in the eyes of most people in this world, these were just illusory myths, not real ones. Probably only believers of God would believe in the existence of the Tree of Life.

At first Shido was also dubious, but after seeing Gabriel, he realized that in this world, there was indeed the Kabbalah Tree of Life.

He thought that since angels really existed, the Kabbalah Tree of Life may also exist, but wherever it was, it may only be known to the people of heaven.

If he had a way to get the spiritual power in it, wouldn't he be able to increase the spiritual power in his body and bring all the Spirits into this world?

Although he had no idea if Gabriel's angel was connected to these religious things, he believed it's necessary to investigate, so he wanted to find Gabriel for a chat. If the other party knew the Kabbalah's Tree of Life, he would ask her to take him there.

The problem was that Gabriel often skipped classes. Just like yesterday, she didn't come to school, and it was not easy to talk to her.

And this morning, because so many things happened, Shido didn't notice that she was at school, and now that the opportunity had finally come, it was time to talk to the other party about the problems that have troubled him for so long.

When Shido was about to say something, he suddenly stopped himself because of the promise made with Natsumi!

At this time, the voice of Natsumi rang in his head, that he was not allowed to say a word to other girls today, no matter what.

Although angels had no genders in many places, Gabriel was indeed a girl in the setting of "Dropout Gabriel". If he talked with her, it would break the promise with Natsumi.

Thinking of this, Shido gritted his teeth and had to swallow the words back into his stomach.

Gabriel would continue to stay in the world, so there's no need to rush. On the contrary, if he took the initiative to talk to her at this time, it would be a disaster if he was seen by Natsumi!

After weighing it up, Shido had to decide to give up this rare opportunity. After all, Natsumi was still watching him, and he didn't want to cause trouble at this time.

Shido gave a wry smile, and then ignored the group of angels and demons. Hearing their laughter, he continued to line up silently without saying anything.

Finally, he came to the vending machine and looked at the dazzling array of styles on it. He hesitated for a while, and finally ordered a pork bone ramen, and then a bag of bread.

Naturally, he couldn't eat so much by himself, but he also counted Natsumi. Those small breads were for Natsumi, and he remembered that the other party liked it very much.

After taking the ramen smoothly, Shido casually found a corner and sat down. It was relatively secluded. Seeing that there were fewer girls nearby, he enjoyed the lunch with peace of mind.

Sure enough, this location was very good, and there was no one to bother him, making Shido very happy.

Halfway through the meal, Shido suddenly remembered something. With the current form of Natsumi, it was obvious that she couldn't come out to eat.

So he thought about it, and planned to throw all these small breads into the backpack and let her eat it by herself.

Although it felt a bit miserable, he had no better way. Natsumi couldn't come out anyway.

If someone knew about the existence of the tiny Natsumi, it would definitely cause a big commotion. Then how would he go on living as a normal high school student?

Shido gently opened the backpack and put the small bread in it. He was about to say something to Natsumi, but his expression suddenly changed!

Shido hurriedly flipped through the backpack. There were a lot of textbooks in it, but apart from that, there was nothing else.

So...

Where is Natsumi?

Where is my adorable little Natsumi?