Chapter 96: The Love Detective

The girl that Shido and Nino Nakano just mentioned, Ichika Nakano, was on her way to school right now.

Since she had work to do as an actress today, she had to go to the studio in the morning instead of going to school. She was assigned a role in a new TV series.

It was a TV show about detectives, and every episode would be a different story, of which the main protagonist would work with different people to solve murder cases.

Unfortunately, Ichika didn't get to play the lead. Instead, she would just play the role of a random innocent girl who got killed in the beginning of the first episode.

Although it wasn't much, she appreciated this opportunity a lot. After all, it was always her dream to become an actress.

Now that she got her chance, she would do her best to fulfill her role, hopefully that the director would see her talent and promote her in the future.

Actually, she was relatively new to the entertainment industry, it was normal that she started small. With her beauty and talent for acting, she would get promoted really soon.

When the clock hit 11:30am, she was done with her role. In this case, she wouldn't be needed by the director for a while. Therefore, she decided to go to school in the afternoon.

Even though Raizen High School was relatively chill compared to other high schools, she still needed her attendance rate. If it was below a certain standard, she wouldn't be allowed to graduate.

Well, she couldn't care less about graduation. She already started contemplating: Should I quit school and focus on acting instead?

While she was thinking, she bumped into someone...

"Ahh!"

She shrieked in pain. When she regained her senses, she realized that the person in front of her was a girl with white short hair, delicate complexion, and cold demeanor. She seemed to be in a hurry.

After exchanging a few words, the two girls parted ways. Ichika gazed at the white-haired girl, wondering to herself: She looks smaller than me, so how come I was the one knocked to the ground?

Of course, she wasn't blaming her. It was just an accident. She was thinking about something, and the other party was in a hurry. Both were wrong in some ways.

Maybe she's the same as Yotsuba, who is athletically inclined!

But when she started walking, she realized something was at her feet...

It was a photo.

She picked it up and took a look, it seemed to be a boy and a girl in love, kissing each other passionately. The boy was handsome and the girl was very beautiful. They seemed like a match made in heaven!

It made Ichika a bit jealous. When would she find her special someone and experience the sweet romance?

But on another thought, it was kinda weird because this photo dropped from that white-haired girl

Obviously, these two girls weren't the same person. Whether it was height or body size, they didn't match at all.

Here's the issue: Why was she carrying such a photo?

Now it's time for Ichika the Detective to shine! She had always dreamt of becoming a detective. Well, not the real one, but the one in the TV show. She would love to get more screen time than the role of a random dead girl in episode one!

Therefore, she prepared a lot for this potential role. She had read a lot of Sherlock Holmes novels, along with some other movies.

And it led to her ultimate confidence, which made her put herself in the shoes of a "Love Detective". If a famous detective took a look at such a photo, what conclusion would he reach?

After pondering for a while, Ichika had a moment of clarity:

This white-haired girl is collecting evidence of her boyfriend cheating on her!

Why? Because the angel in this photo was bizarre.

As an actress, she was sensitive to the camera angle. Normal pictures were taken horizontally, but this one was taken from up above.

It seemed like someone placed the camera in a hidden spot, hoping to capture some crime scenes that wouldn't be detected by the perpetrators.

Obviously, the couple in the photo didn't notice the camera at all, which was why they kissed each other passionately.

As for the person who placed the camera in a hidden spot, it must be that white-haired girl.

The reason she did that was she suspected that her boyfriend was cheating on her. In order to test his loyalty to her, she placed a camera to gather his footage, leading to such dramatic results!

Therefore, she printed this photo of him cheating with other girls out, and was on her way to confront her unfaithful boyfriend...

"Wait, isn't this photo important to her?"

Ichika yelled in anxiety. Originally, she wasn't planning to get involved in other people's business, but after deducting such a theory, she couldn't leave it alone anymore.

She put the photo in her pocket, running toward the direction where that white-haired girl went...

If this photo was seen by others, it might be a big problem. At least that's what Ichika thought.

She had made up her mind: Find the white-haired girl and return this photo to her!

However, she still couldn't find her after quite a while. It was natural since that girl was athletically inclined, running at a much faster pace.

Ichika had to stop and gasp for air when her stamina ran out. When she caught her breath, she realized that she was in front of Raizen High School...

PS: Thank you for your support!