Special 1: Kurumi and Shido in Neko Cafe

...

"Shido, we are coming!"

In the headquarters of Fraxinus, Kotori stood in front of a newly-built Realizer Device. It was a Teleporter, which would send a Spirit to a certain Neighboring World. In this case, it would be the one that Shido was trapped in.

A few days ago, Shido was summoned by a mysterious force out of nowhere, and he had never returned since. This had caused every Spirit to panic, almost reverting their reiryoku; it took Kotori and Mana tremendous amounts of time and effort to help them calm down.

But now, they had finally finished forging this teleporting device, and would be conducting its very first experiment. If it succeeded, then everyone else would follow suit! The question was: Who should be the volunteer?

Kurumi Tokisaki!

In fact, she wasn't the only one who volunteered, everyone else did too. But with some logical debates, they realized that she was the best choice. Why? Because of her abilities.

With the power of Zafkiel, the Angel of Time, she would be able to fix any mistake that occurred along the way. For example, if she was stuck in the transmission, she could just use [Dalet] and return her body to the current timeline.

Reluctantly, everyone else agreed to this idea, after all, they couldn't risk losing anyone.

"Ara Ara, I will be able to have Shido-san all to myself~"

She put a lithe finger on her soft cheeks, and licked her lips, as if she was going to taste something delicious.

"Don't say that dangerous line, or we will keep you here for yourself!"

Kotori retorted as she folded her arms. She didn't want her to go first, but as early said, it would be best to send her first. She had to let go of her personal feelings.

"Kuku, the Spirit of Time, you are given the opportunity of a lifetime to visit our beloved kinsman in the hurricane's way! Be grateful for your gift!"

"Translation. Take care of Shido for us in the time you are given, Kurumi."

"Do your best...."

"Boy will be thrilled to have this sexy onee-san..."

"Not fair, I wanna see Darling too..."

"..."

Finally, the device started illuminating, marking the completion of its process. And with a flash of light, Kurumi was nowhere to be found.

"Good luck."

Kotori muttered to herself.

...

Where am I? Why am I here? What am I doing right now?

Shido was wandering aimlessly as he evaded pedestrians.

He was summoned to this place, and felt like he had been through a battle. However, he couldn't remember anything. Based on the heavy feelings in his chest, he could tell that it was something really important, yet he just couldn't recall it. Why couldn't he return home or find out what happened in the past two days?

Running into the back of an alley, Shido panted as he tried to calm down. He knew this street, this city, this country ---- but he didn't feel safe.

All this was because the Spirits weren't with him.

If there was anything fortunate out of the situation, it was that he didn't have to worry about money or a place to stay.

Thanks to Haniel's ability, he was able to transform some cash and get a hotel to stay for the night. But he would like to stop doing that, since it was basically cheating.