2.2

When the morning mist rose, Cao Jin was awakened by the chirping of birds in the dense forest. He rubbed the back of his sore neck and sat up from the ground, looking confused.

The armor on his body is gone, and Xiao Xie is also gone. Where is he? What about Huyanzhi and the others? How can it be so quiet? Why did Xiao Xie make him dizzy?

With a series of doubts, he carefully poked his head out of the cave. Seeing that there was no one around, he took the sword and bow and arrow and ran towards the military camp.

I don't know what happened to Feng Yang and the general.

This mountain was not far from Liyang City, and Huyanzhi had already retreated from here, so Cao Jin did not encounter any obstacles along the way, and ran back to the city gate around noon.

When the soldiers guarding the city saw him, their eyes widened and they asked in disbelief: "Lieutenant General Cao? Do you, do you have any unfulfilled wishes?"

"Ah?" Cao Jin didn't understand what he was talking about at all, only Said, "Lieutenant General Feng and they have returned to the city? Is the general okay?" 

The guard opened the door for him, Cao Jin came in with a long knife, and listened to the guard: "Lieutenant General Feng brought the general back to the city yesterday, However, the general was in a coma, and the military doctor treated him, but the general had a fever again last night, alas!"

"What about Vice-General Xie?" Cao Jin asked with a frown.

The guard was inexplicable, "Which lieutenant is Xie?"

He directly rewarded him with a burst of chestnuts. Cao Jin said in a rough voice: "Lieutenant Xie Yan!" At the end, he added, "The one who looks very handsome."

His head hurt by the beating, the guard blinked, and suddenly realized, "So you jumped off the cliff and didn't die! Lieutenant General Cao deserves to be Lieutenant General Cao, but he is blessed! Haha."

Cao Jin kicked him directly, "I I ask you if Vice-General Xie is back? Also, what happened to jumping off the cliff? Who said I jumped off the cliff?"

Before the guard could answer, Feng Yang, who received the news, brought a group of people over quickly. His face was haggard, his eyes were blue and black, and his eyes were bloodshot. , "Old Cao, it's great that you didn't die! Xie Yan! Why didn't he come back with you?"

Feng Yang looked behind him, but he didn't see the young man, and he felt more and more uneasy.

Cao Jinzhen, who was questioned, was puzzled and said helplessly, "I don't know either. We hid in a cave last night, and Xiao Xie knocked me out." He scratched his head. , was a little embarrassed, "I also took off my armor. When I woke up in the morning, he was gone." 

As soon as he finished speaking, Feng Yang turned pale and took a step back. Yesterday, after they returned to the city without any danger, they dispatched scouts to inquire about the news. When they heard that "Silent" and his lieutenants were forced to jump off the cliff last night, they were suddenly in a state of unbearable pain.

 "Silence" is Xie Yan, and the lieutenant is Cao Jin, and they were all forced to jump off the cliff by Huyanzhi! The more than 100 soldiers who followed them all burst into tears, knelt on the ground one after another, and kowtowed in the direction where the two jumped off the cliff.

Feng Yang planned to take people to the bottom of the cliff to search. He wanted to see people in life, and corpses in death. Even if he died, he couldn't expose the corpse to the wilderness and be taken by wild animals. Just when he ordered troops out of the city, he heard the news that Cao Jin was returning to the city, and immediately rushed over with joy, but heard another bad news.

With his smart mind, he can naturally come up with a plan for Xie Yan, but the boy is only sixteen years old! During the few days they spent together in the mountains, Feng Yang and the more than 100 soldiers had completely reversed their attitude towards Xie Yan. At this time, listening to Cao Jin state the truth, they all blushed and whimpered softly.

Cao Jin's heart skipped a beat. The burly and sturdy man was now like a restless child. His copper bell-like eyes were filled with disbelief, and he trembled, "Old Feng, what is going on?"