The Unrelenting Cold

When the bus finally arrived to the resort ski cabin, everyone was assigned a room to share with their buddy system person.

They were also free to explore the facility.

" wow these are just like the ones in the Sakura Empire" Ayanami said, seeing a hot spring.

" wow really?" Javelin said, excited. Touching the spring seeing it's a good warm/hot temperature.

" let's get something to eat" Laffey said, tugging on Z23. Seeing both Ayanami and Javelin by the hot spring and both looked like they wanted to enjoy a nice warm relaxing bath instead of getting something to eat from that long and hard bus drive here.

" uh.. o-ok.." Z23 said, getting pulled away by Laffey to the dinning area.

" um quick question but do we have to pay? Or all this is free?" Columbia questioned, sitting on a chair by the counter.

" it's free" Princeton said, already working out the deals with the people.

" yeah it better be, I mean I paid 200 bucks to go on this trip" Northampton commented. Ordering some coffee, with a small sandwich. Tired and hungry from the long drive here too.

" awesome!" Columbia said happily than placed her order " can I get a double decker cheeseburger? With a side of fries oh! And don't forget the soda"

" I want two big taco and soda too with a side of chips" Laffey said, placing her order.

" Z23?" Laffey said, seeing her friend say nothing at the counter.

" oh uh.. I guess I'll take some hot chocolate" Z23 said, not really that hungry.

" that's it?" Laffey asked, confused. Thinking she didn't see Z23 eat anything for breakfast at school, no snacks on the bus, and now when they arrived here in the very late evening she still didn't eat anything and all she wants is hot chocolate?

" *bbbbbllll* ohhhh ughhhh I feel sick..." Magdeburg said, extremely woozy from that bus ride. Never in her life had she'd been on such a rocky and bumpy voyage. Even on the ocean, she'd never experience swaying motions like that.

" drink some soda it helps" Columbia said, offering her a drink.

" danke" Magdeburg said, tossing the whole bottle into one of her sharks mouths.

" uhh...." Columbia said, thinking soda tastes much better without the glass....

That's when Magdeburg's shark started making a loud cog kind of noise. Upchucking the soda and some shards of glass back up.

" ughhhh what did you give me?!" Magdeburg shouted out loud, thinking her system feels bloated.

" just soda! But you shouldn't have drunken the bottle! I hope the glass doesn't-" Columbia was cut off by Magdeburg saying " whatever! Move! Lemme sit down!" Causing Columbia to give up her seat and see Magdeburg take it than just lay her head down on the counter. In a lot of pain. Not because her shark just crunched up a glass bottle like a recycling machine but because of that horrible bus ride here and the fizzy soda not mixing well with her machinery.

" aww Magdeburg! You'll feel much better after you eat!" Lützow said, her assigned buddy. Trying to also help her friend. Patting her back.

" don't!" Magdeburg said, thinking she's gonna throw up if Lützow keeps doing that.

" two orders of-" Lützow was cut off by Roon saying " the blood and flesh of our enemies please~" making the whole dining room go quiet.

Laffey was the first one to break the silence.