A visit to the Library

Looking at the mirror, Jinhua stared down at the tattoos that trailed down her face to her shoulders, arms, back, and legs

Looking at the mirror, Jinhua stared down at the tattoos that trailed down her face to her shoulders, arms, back, and legs. Just simple circles and dots. But the sigil imprinted on her back, had characters from an old text she hasn't read in thousands of years. Not since she was just a child.

Letting out a sigh, already done analyzing the blue decoration in her skin, she rolled up her loose sleeves and strolled out of her room and into the garden, she oh so loved dearly.

Taking a pair of snippets, she hovered over some rose bushes, snipping away some dead buds and leaves. As she stared long enough at the scarlet color from the petals, a frown grew on her pursed lips when she was reminded of a certain monkey's markings.

She stopped her actions and just closed her eyes when she felt them start to sting. She scrunched up her nose to stop the rather annoying itch that started to form. But alas, she used her free hand to cover her eyes and sniffed back a sob.

The death of her friend had been still fresh in her mind as she hadn't seen anything else since being sealed away. She dappled her eyes softly with her sleeve and looked up towards the beautiful blue eyes to distract herself.

"Well.. standing here all day being sad won't be productive. Let's go visit that Noodle Shop..." Jinhua muttered, snapping her fingers as her clothes shifted out of the comfortable robes and into high waist jeans and a sleeveless turtle neck, with a puffy light blue jacket adorning it.

Flicking her wrist, flames erupted around her as she was teleported in an alleyway.

Glancing around the streets, she hurried over out of the cramped space and out into the bustling city streets. Her eyes could never be not in awe every time she visited.

It was like a forest full of sharp metals that reached high into the heavens. The colors only making her dizzy if she looked long enough. She walked around until she reached a familiar looking place.

A library.

Looking up at the large building, Jinhua snorted and trudged forward through the arch and through the double doors. Once she entered it was like an archive of knowledge back at the celestial heavens.

She glanced around until she noticed a counter with a nice looking woman reading a so called 'magazine', what the new era call the strange pamphlet, apparently.

Tapping the strangely made bell, she gained the attention the woman fairly quickly. The old woman fixed her glasses and squinted her eyes at the blonde woman in front of her.

"My.. You don't look like your familiar around here..." she smacked her lips to try and wet her lips as she flipped a few pages.

Jinhua just sweat dripped at the woman's attitude, "Well, no... you could say I just moved outside the city... so I'm exploring the city right now..." she chuckled nervously as the old woman just narrowed her eyes.