A New Adventure Begins | 4

"Your steps are too loud

"Your steps are too loud." Jinhua stated as she twisted around a jab of Mei's sword, blocking it with her own wooden one.

"How are my steps heard when all you can hear are the clashes of the swords??" Mei questioned while she bent back dodging a quick swipe from her master.

"Keep your moves silent, no one can hurt what doesn't exist." Jinhua smirked before disappearing from Mei's view almost instantly. This sudden action made Mei go on defense as her eyes were now looking all around her in alert.

A sudden force of pressure pressed down on her as she felt a gnawing dangerous force crawl up her spine from behind her. Mei whipped around to see a sword pointed at her throat.

"You have good reflexes... But I saw your instincts react faster." Jinhua spoke softly before flicking the girl in the head, "Your inner dragon is just waiting to be unreleased."

Mei rubbed her forehead as she looked up at Jinhua's shinning silhouette. Her jade eyes sparkled in a tiny hint of envy as she watched Jinhua glide back into position, "How do I become as great as you...?" She muttered softly.

"You don't."

Mei's eyes widened in puzzlement, "Wha-... Huh?"

Jinhua chuckled at her, "I don't see you with Nekomata demon genes or being raised by a goddess."

"Then how do I become strong enough to protect my friends and family if I'm not as strong like you?" Mei waved her hands around trying to explain herself.

Jinhua's face softened as she placed her wooden sword down and walked over to her student, "Mei, honey... Don't force yourself to set such an impossible feat from the start. You have to set reachable bars." She placed a hand on her shoulder, "And this may sound harsh, but you can't be someone that isn't yourself."

"Then what do I do?" Mei mumbled out with a slight whine in her tone, "If I can't be as strong as you, then what am I training for exactly...!"

"You said it yourself." Jinhua smiled, "Your training to be strong enough to protect your loved ones."

Mei looked down at the wooden sword in her hand.

"Your goal was to never reach my level, Mei. It was to become the person that your group needed." Jinhua stated as she held her hand out and the practice sword teleported to her reach.

"A Protector." She went to strike Mei, but she reacted much quickly and parries her strike with her own, twisting around another swipe. Jinhua felt her lips twitch upward at the move.

"A Shield." Jinhua rushed forward and side kicked Mei, but Mei slide under the demoness and strikes upwards with the backend of the sword.

"A Dragon Warrior." A grin split Jinhua's face as she easily deflected the wooden sword with the side of her own. Back flipping out of the way, Jinhua sent her sword flying towards Mei who let out a squeak of a yelp as she quickly leaned to the right as the wooden weapon was sent flying past her head.