The Start of the Tragedy

"This is utter nonsense—! Nothing is making any kind of sense around here! First the earthquakes, Pigsy smiling, Sandy's weird romance boat thing

"This is utter nonsense—! Nothing is making any kind of sense around here! First the earthquakes, Pigsy smiling, Sandy's weird romance boat thing. And worst of all Mei—!"MK shouted in panic, "What's next?? Red Son popping out of nowhere saying we're besties!?" He ran threw the leering crowds of stretched smiles and pushed through with slight anxiety, "There's only one place left to get help!" He rounded a corner and jumped over a fallen trash can, "Jinhua's Tea Shop should be open at this hour..." He breathed out.

Rushing down the streets, MK felt his chest start beating in erratic patterns as he searched for the familiar tea shop. But when he got to the address, all that was there was a in construction site.

He felt his heart drop at the sight, "H-Huh..?" He muttered out in disbelief, "This doesn't make sense... Jinhua's shop should be right here!" He quickly dug into his pocket to pull out the golden petal. But all he found was just some pocket lint.

He felt a shudder for down his back. His eyes looking up and down the street as he felt like something was ripped out of his chest at the mere thought of Jinhua disappearing.

"Jinhua—! JINHUA!! Where are you—!?" He cupped his mouth as he started to feel slightly dizzy. A cold sweat falling down his face as he couldn't find the blonde demoness in sight. With that he sprinted away from the construction site and made his way out of the city.

"Please be there... please be there... please be there..." He repeated it like a chant in his head as he trudged up the hill to where her cabin was located.

His breathe hitched at the sight of a ruined town destroyed and pummeled to the ground as if a battle occurred.

"Wha—? Jinhua!!" He ran forward and scoured the area looking for even an ounce of the demoness, "Please—! If you can hear me!" He fell to his knees, trying to control his breathing, "Just answer me.... I'm scared..." He curled into himself, gripping the red headband on his head as his tail curled around himself as if it were to protect him from anything else.

Before he could let out another sob, the ground around him made him jump as another earthquake erupted around him.

"How you doin down there?"

MK looked up through puffy red eyes, "Monkey king—!" Though his bright smile faded off into a confused look, "Wait a minute.. What are you doing here?"

The sage simian levitated down on his cloud with his arms crossed casually, "Oh you know... Hangin, chillin, Monkey kinging around. Uh—! Anyway, enough about me. What's new to you?" He leaned down his his hands on his hips, "You seem upset."

"Well yeah... Everyone's gone dumb brain.. Pigsy gave me the day off and Mei said she—!" He covered his mouth to muffle the gagging sound that almost slipped out, "Loves me..." He squinted his eyes in slight disgust.

"And worst of all—!! Jinhua is nowhere in sight! It's like she disappeared off the face of the earth—! I think I'm going crazy!" MK whimpered out in despair.