Truth Unraveling

Jinhua slowly stood up from her seat, "Your

Jinhua slowly stood up from her seat, "Your... Sorry?" Her ears pinned back as her hackles raised in disgust, "You think an apology like that is gonna take away your own wrongdoings? The lives and families you've taken that very night!?" She kneeled down in front of the simian with a hand resting on her knee, "I was there... I saw the carnage you rained down upon my city... I know I didn't have a grand childhood in that place but that doesn't mean the innocent had a part in it...!"

Macaque kept silent as he watched the pitiful sight of the once and confident man he once called his king bow before the last of the race he massacred.

Wukong closed his eyes tightly before speaking, "I know... That anything I would say to you, would mean absolutely nothing to the people that died by my hands... To the homes that I've burned and the beautiful kingdom of Nekomata turned into nothing but ash in the books of history..." His hands clenched into fists, "So please... Let me explain from what happened in my point of view..." He slowly brought his head up to meet eye contact with Jinhua. They're faces only inches apart, "Give me the time to redeem myself..."

Jinhua's face was anything of the forgiving warrior she had painted herself as. She looked like she was ready to kill the man before her in the most painful way possible. Her eyes hadn't turned back to the illumining violet allure but relented to its fiery golden glow of dominance.

"You may redeem yourself by how your story fills in the blanks... But forgiveness is a whole different story." Jinhua stood back up and sat back down in the chair.

Wukong sat up and crisscrossed his eyes finding something to distract himself as he began to remember the events in order.

"To begin with... There are moments that are... blurred.. Gaps if you can understand as I was not in my right mind during the night..."

Jinhua perked up at this.

"I'm sure Macaque had already told you his side of the story... So.. I'll just fill in the gaps of what I remember." Wukong stared down at a swooshing planted pot near a window, "As I had chased down one of the high chancellors of the elders... He had fled into a room..."

Wukong rushed into the room, not without breaking the stone door down with his staff, "Would you stop running, you wuss—!" He stopped in his step to see the Nekomata elder stand on a elevated step that held a strange skull. It's eye sockets filled in by unusually bright blue jewels.

Wukong turned his attention to the Elder to see him hold up his staff and start worshipping this strange alter. His seeming old staff glowed with resounding pressure of enormous power as the crystal-like jewel inside was almost a mimic of the ones in the skull.

"Oh great and powerful ruler of the cold and frost bitten mountains of cold... Please hear my prayer and cast upon thy successor with a curse...!"

Wukong felt his chest burn in fury as he rushed forward, tired and exhausted of hearing these fools curse and insult Jinhua's honor and dignity to such lengths, "You'll regret you ever stepped foot into Jinhua's life—!" He raised his staff at the elder's head but instead of hearing the crack of a skull, the sounds of shattering crystals were heard as the staff was tossed to the ground.