Advice for a Fallen Queen

Lying in bed, Jinhua lay exhausted and drained from the usage of her chin to heal her burns

"You didn't have to use your energy... I could've helped with it." Macaque muttered at her bedside, lightly dampening her forehead with a fresh cold rag.

Jinhua glanced over at him with a tired smile, "I know.. I just.. I don't want you to waste your energy when we don't know when that demoness can come lurking for us..."

Macaque frowned at her, his eyes catching the slight twitch of her fingers at the mention of the demoness, "Jinhua... What did she say to you..?"

Jinhua tried to hold up her hand but it felt like she was controlling a new limb that wasn't hers. Macaque noticed right away and held onto her hand to reassure her. He waited quietly for her answer.

"I'm.. Im scared, Liùěr...."

Macaque kept silent and started to comb his claws through her knotted locks.

Jinhua closed her eyes to relieve how she felt at that moment. The whispers that made her blood freeze over with just a wispy breath, "I'm scared she's gonna take everything I love.... Right in front of me..." Her ears pinned back against her head at the thought, "It's like Demon Fox King all over again..." Her voice croaked out in strain.

Macaque blinked a few times to process, "Lady Bone Demon reminds you of him... Did she threaten to do so?"

Jinhua opened her glossed over eyes, "I hate feeling like this... Weak... Unable to make a change nor stop what's to come..." Her face contorted into a pained expression, "I just want a day in my life where my family is safe... And we can live without the constant reminder of our enemies..."

Macaque blinked away a few oncoming tears and smiled weakly, "I know... I do too... And I know Ren does as well..."

"Oh my little plum... My precious child..." Jinhua wept silently into her pillow as her hand squeezed her lover's claw weakly.

Macaque quickly whipped his head towards the door as he heard a few knocks on the door. His nose scrunched up in a snarl of warning. His ears alert and his fur transitioning to his glossy raven color, "Who is it?" He knew who it was but the scuttling footsteps the spider demon took.

"..." A hesitant breath escaped the spider on the other side, "Daiyu."

Macaque narrowed his eyes as she slid the door open and walked in to see Macaque sitting in front of Jinhua's sleeping form protectively. His fur bristling as his tail curled around her hand in substitute of his hand. His now free hand held up his spiked tip staff close to his side, "What business do you have...?"

The Spider Demon in front of him was no Queen at this moment, her onyx hair left down her shoulders freely as her crown was left behind in the wreckage. Her massive spider machine was long forgotten as she was now just a head shorter than him. Her dress dirtied with grim and spider egg gore.