Interference

Jinhua looked down at a letter that had been stickered to the fridge

'Dear Ma',

I'm going out to meet MK and the others to see what he wanted to show us. Sorry for leaving so early in the morning, I'll be right back as soon as possible to eat Pa's scrambled eggs.'

Jinhua felt a smile rise on her lips, "He's getting better."

"Whose getting better?" Macaque peered over her shoulder to see the letter in her grasp. His arms snaked around her waist firmly as he felt his drowsiness falter.

A snort left his lips as he read it over, "That little brat. He better hurry or else I'll start eating without him..." He peppered small kisses on the Demoness' shoulders before trailing back to the kitchen to start cooking.

Jinhua watched with a smirk, her eyes lingering a small moment on his swaying hips before turning back to the letter to read over the poorly written words again, "I'm glad he's getting along with MK and the others..." She muttered lowly. She was finally thinking that today she could have a nice stroll over to her shop to see how her two loyal workers have been doing now that they had a pay raise, but instead of going about that, Jinhua stumbled forward after she felt a enormous pull on her chest.

"Urgh—!" She gasped out, startled, Jinhua flashed her violet eyes, golden, to see which bond was in desperate need of help.

And too her surprise, she sensed a very fearful amount of desperation in Daiyu's bond.

Her eyes widened momentarily, "Macaque."

The simian had long abandoned his activities in cooking breakfast when he heard Jinhua lurch forward in slight pain. He was at her side immediately, holding her arm in case she tumbled forward again, "Yes, my love?"

Jinhua felt her mouth draw into a thin line of guilt, "Bring Ren back home immediately... There's been a disturbance down in the sewers..."

Macaque's brows furrowed, "You mean in Spider Queen's Lair? Where that demon bitch lurks?? Jinhua—!" His hands found her own as he held them tightly to his chest, "Jinhua... You know the risks of going down there, right? Fighting that demoness is out of the question as long as she still has those seals on you."

Jinhua closed her eyes in thought. Another pull on her chest indicated a distress in one of her bonds, "Yet I must go if I don't want to lose another loved one." She opened her eyes in determination, "Please, Liùěr..."

Macaque felt his ears flutter at the usage of his real name. His resolve quickly thinning out the longer she gave him that look he so adored when they were younger. Releasing a defeated sigh, he gave in, "Fine. But be careful... Make sure not to be caught by that lady... Escape as soon as you have the person you need."

Jinhua quipped a smile, "You wish to have me flee from a fight? How not very honorable of you, Warrior."

Macaque couldn't help the smirk that rose on his face, "Oh I'm a warrior... Just not to you."