A New Adventure Begins | 5

Violet eyes grew wide at the news

"What?"

Not able to meet the demoness' eyes, Pigsy stilled in an almost trembling position as he relayed the news and events that transpired.

"MK.. He.." He trailed off, not even knowing how to continue, his eyes shaking in a fragile way like if he admitted the truth, it would be real.

As he was trying to make sense of the situation, Mei was sitting in a corner with her knees tucked into her stomach. Her hands holding the broken wooden sword close to her chest as she could only stare in a daze as the events kept repeating in her head.

"I'm sorry, Pigsy..." Sandy spoke up as he placed a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder.

Tang then spoke up next as he had his back turned to the group, his hands clasped behind his back, "There was nothing we could do."

That gained everyone else's attention almost instantly.

Pigsy took it personally and shoved Sandy's hand off his shoulder as he stomped over to Tang, "Nothing? NOTHING?? I could've done somethin'!" He then grabbed the scholar by the scarf and brought him in close with a snarl over his pig snout, "I could'a- should've protected, MK!"

"Now imma stop you right there." Jinhua stated with a slightly annoyed look, everyone instantly looked over at the demoness with shocked expressions.

"You think you could've stopped Fann- I mean Princess Iron Fan with just what? Your pan? Your will drive? Friendship? Pfft-! Please." She rolled her eyes as she moved in between the two gentlemen and separated them from their rising nerves.

"If anything, it wasn't your duty to protect him at all. It was someone else's." She noted with a slight sharp edge to her tone. And with that she helped her apprentice up with a tug of her collar, "But let's not have that hang over our shoulders. MK is safe."

"What!?" The group shouted.

"HE'S ALIVE!?" Mei sparked, her eyes flashing in a slight glaze of tears as she looked up at her master.

"Indeed. I made sure to place a protective enchantment on the three of you before you departed. Knowing full well that my dear friend wouldn't show any mercy to her enemies." Jinhua spoke up calmly, taking the broken wooden sword out of Mei's hand and burning it in a blaze of golden flames.

"Then what are we waiting for-!?" Tang asked, "We should go find him!"

"No."

"No? NO!?" Pigsy then stomped over to the demoness and yanked her down to his height by her collar, "Did I hear that right, Missy!? You tell us that the kid is alive and you now don't want us to go after him!?"

Mei instantly grabbed Pigsy's arm and twisted it just enough so he'll release her master. As Pigsy stumbled back in surprise at the sudden attack, he watched as Mei stood protectively in front of Jinhua with an angry scowl on her face, "Don't touch my master like that." She spoke lowly.